Kunena Integration with CB

15 years 3 weeks ago #93018 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:Kunena Integration with CB - Step by step guide
tonywoodhouse wrote:

Attachment cb-35b2391ba2e972fce5b1582b391abe3c.txt not found

[/quote]approximately in line 584:
[code:1].getFieldValue("date",date("Y-m-d, H:i:«»s",$item->time))[/code:1]but the date in the forum tab shows..
sumthing like this..
03/25/09 05:26:34
basically what i wanted to achieve is to format the time part to be displayed in 12-hour format with am/pm at the last.

is this possible?

Post edited by: bytebandit01, at: 2009/03/27 06:31

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 weeks ago #93144 by mrappi
I haven't tried this but think you have to change the actual language file. Check this out:
www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,66/id,12124/

Not sure whether you really need to change the other file mentioned in the liked post above (components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_timeformat.class.php) but, if you want to try, the equivalent file in kunena seems to be components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.timeformat.class.php

To get the am/pm add an 'a' at the end of the time format (for AM/PM use an uppercase 'A'). See: php.net/date

15 years 3 weeks ago #93150 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:Kunena Integration with CB - Step by step guide
mrappi wrote:

I haven't tried this but think you have to change the actual language file. Check this out:
www.bestofjoomla.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,66/id,12124/

Not sure whether you really need to change the other file mentioned in the liked post above (components/com_fireboard/sources/fb_timeformat.class.php) but, if you want to try, the equivalent file in kunena seems to be components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.timeformat.class.php

To get the am/pm add an 'a' at the end of the time format (for AM/PM use an uppercase 'A'). See: php.net/date

Thank you for your suggestion @mrappi. I will try this one now.

15 years 2 weeks ago #94237 by mpw_scratch
Replied by mpw_scratch on topic Re:Kunena Integration with CB - Step by step guide
tonywoodhouse wrote:

Step by Step instructions to integrate Community Builder with Kunena (formerly Fireboard / Simpleboard / Joomlaboard) Forums:-

• Install CB 1.2 stable
  • Publish the System-Legacy plugin (Extensions->Plugin Manager)
  • Install Kunena 1.0.8
  • Publish the plugin (no need to download or install anythign it's part of CB ) Admin-> Components -> Community Builder -> Plugins -> Fireboard Forum
  • Publish the Forum tab in the CB user profile - Components -> Community Builder -> Tab Management -> Forum
  • Edit the two plugin files cb.simpleboardtab.php and cb.simpleboardtab.xml. Simply search for "fireboard" or "Fireboard" and replace with "kunena" or "Kunena". Path is Joomla / components / com_comprofiler / plugin / user / plug_cbsimpleboardtab
  • Edit cb.simpleboardtab.php to fix the formatting problem on the CB Forum tab which is caused by the fact that the </div> tag following the <div class="sectiontableheader"> tags incorrectly appears after the following <table></table> sections rather than before them. To make this easier I've attached a sample file which has both the fireboard / kunena substitution and the necessary php changes to fix the formatting issue. Please note that although this works for me on my site, and renders correctly in both IE7 and Firefox 3, this is the first PHP file I've ever editted so I cannot warrant that what I've done is entirely correct and bug free. All changes are commented with "// TW change". Download file and rename to cb.simpleboardtab.php. Then save into the Joomla / components / com_comprofiler / plugin / user / plug_cbsimpleboardtab folder.
  • Configure Kunena (Components -> Kunena Forum -> Kunena configuration). Go down to the Integration sections near the bottom and change Avatar Integration and Profile Settings to "Community Builder"
I hope the above is useful for other newbies like me who want to integrate CB with Kunena.
Best wishes,
Tony Woodhouse

Attachment cb-35b2391ba2e972fce5b1582b391abe3c.txt not found

Post edited by: tonywoodhouse, at: 2009/02/24 02:06

Post edited by: tonywoodhouse, at: 2009/02/24 02:08

Post edited by: tonywoodhouse, at: 2009/02/26 23:48

Post edited by: tonywoodhouse, at: 2009/02/27 00:15

That reconfiguration works in CB 1.1??
Thanks

15 years 1 week ago #94514 by tonywoodhouse
Replied by tonywoodhouse on topic Re:Kunena Integration with CB - Step by step guide
To: mpw_scrath:

Sorry - I don't know if it works in CB 1.1. I've only used it myself with CB 1.2. My guess would be that it probably will work, because I think the integration with Fireboard has been untouched for quite a while, and I understand the forum tab formatting problem has been around for quite a few versions too.

Would be great if you could have a go, keeping backup copies of files just in case, and post here to let us know if it worked or not.

Best wishes,
Tony
The following user(s) said Thank You: cesgarcia

15 years 1 week ago #94840 by bytebandit01
@tonywoodhouse

does this plugin really show multiple entries of posts in the same topic?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn