Integrate CB fields into Joomla native search

15 years 1 month ago #88847 by huntrdog
Is there a way to use Joomla 1.5 mod_search to search both custom and predefined CB fields? I need a module to publish in the user4 area that will search not only articles, but CB fields as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

Post edited by: huntrdog, at: 2009/02/19 23:09

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #89398 by huntrdog
I found a plugin that accomplishes what I needed, thank you to its author, PF. The problem is, there is very little documentation (nothing besides what you can read on the plug-in page) to configure.

You'll see after installing it, that (for me, at least), the search results display the html avatar code. This can be removed around line 400.

Also, adding blacklist items (fields not searched, nor displayed in the results) had to be added around line 107 the cb_fields.searchbot.php file not the front-end interface.

Attachment cb_fields.zip not found

Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #93758 by bytebandit01
Replied by bytebandit01 on topic Re:Integrate CB fields into Joomla native search
huntrdog wrote:

I found a plugin that accomplishes what I needed, thank you to its author, PF. The problem is, there is very little documentation (nothing besides what you can read on the plug-in page) to configure.

You'll see after installing it, that (for me, at least), the search results display the html avatar code. This can be removed around line 400.

Also, adding blacklist items (fields not searched, nor displayed in the results) had to be added around line 107 the cb_fields.searchbot.php file not the front-end interface.

Attachment cb_fields.zip not found

good day, and thank for sharing this very good plugin. it's very useful.

i'd like to ask what file are you referring on this..?

thanks.

14 years 11 months ago #95845 by crony
Hello,

Very interesting plugin ! I don't know where you get it, the official website is down...

Anyway, I have this problem with images that are not showing...The file is only 252 lines, so I don't know wich file and what modification you are refering to...

Thanks for your help !

J! 4.x - CB 2.7.3

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn