Mass change of users in groups

14 years 8 months ago #106247 by thisisjohn
Mass change of users in groups was created by thisisjohn
Hi,
I recently migrated from Joomla! 1.0.x to Joomla! 1.5, requiring a migration of existing users.

In doing so, all users were loaded as members of the 'Author' group (I can't remember why - it seemed to be the only option available).

I would like to move most of the 'Author' group to the 'Registered' group, but can't seem to find an obvious way of doing this (forums, Google, plug-ins, etc.).

Have I missed something? If so, please respond to this topic with the solution.

Thanks,
-John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #106258 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Mass change of users in groups
You'll need to perform an SQL query in phpmyadmin in order to move their usertype.

UPDATE `jos_users` SET `usertype` = 'Registered', `gid` = '18' WHERE `id` NOT IN (id,id,id);
UPDATE `jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map` SET `group_id` = '18' WHERE `aro_id` NOT IN (id,id,id);

Substitution id out with your moderators IDS. Exmaple: 62,68,92

This is untested query, please ensure you have created a backup of your database before executing it. Change the jos_ prefix as necessary.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125453 by HowardTheDuck
Replied by HowardTheDuck on topic Re:Mass change of users in groups
Hi Kyle,
does this work also on last CB release.
I need to do a similar query to change user groups but it seems to me the table is Jos_comprofiler (not Jos_users anymore) and that the gid variable isn't store there.

i need to do something like this:

Select * from jos_comprofile where FIELD1="BASE"
UPDATE jos_comprofiler SET GROUPFIELD="Author"

Thanks!
Cristiano

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn