Check User Database: test failure message "Error"

14 years 1 month ago #126207 by conquest
Hi everybody I have reviewed the forums and find no solution to this Im running the latest version of CB and have installed Joomla properly .. I have changed the database collation and still recieve the error message. i reviewd the instructions from this other forum link and followed them : www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,104117/catid,78/

but nothing changed

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

they are both as in ( jos_core_acl_aro & jos_users ) set to utf8_unicode_ci if they are changed both to utf8_general_ci I still get the same message..... can anybody please help me with this? :(

I appreciate your time reviewing my post.. Thank you

Post edited by: conquest, at: 2010/03/08 19:27

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #126211 by krileon
Ensure ALL your database tables AND columns within those tables are a single collation. Using mixed collation will cause conflicts, please ensure you've also changed the columns and not just the table it self via the Operations tab of phpmyadmin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #126243 by conquest
Thank you for responding... Im very new so Im unclear what you mean by columns...
I did notice that My SQL connection collation is
utf8_general_ci
the MySQL charset says UTF8-unicode(utf8)

if the My SQL connection collation is utf8_general_ci
shouldnt the collation for all the tables be :
utf8_general_ci and not utf8_unicode_ci ?

right now they are all showing collation of
utf8_unicode_ci ... jos_banner to jos-weblinks thats every table on my database
:blush: I may be confusing myself

here is the jos_users table: image 1
and the jos_core_acl_aro image 2
By columns I assume you mean the collation column for each table showing the utf8_unicode_ci ?

If they are blank like some are do they need to be filled?

Post edited by: conquest, at: 2010/03/08 21:16
Attachments:

14 years 1 month ago #126253 by conquest
Sorry the systme says image to large>>> if i click structure tab it shows the structure of the table and there is a column for collation each of them show
utf8_unicode_ci in both jos_users and jos_core_acl_aro
there are a few blank fields in the collation columns ?
Is that the issue?

14 years 1 month ago #126289 by conquest
FIXED IT !!!!! HERE IS THE STEP BY STEP:

1.OPEN PHP ADMIN
2. CLICK DATABASE TAB
3. UNDER THE HEADING OF DATABASES ( BASICALLY CENTER STAGE) YOU WILL SEE YOUR DATABASE IT NORMALLY WILL BE THE FIRST LISTING. CLICK THAT LISTING
4. YOU SHOULD NOW SEE A LONG LIST OF TABLES ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN FIND THE ONE NAMED: jos_core_acl_aro
5. CLICK ON THE LINK IT WILL OPEN THE TABLE
ON THE TOP OF THE SCREEN ARE AN ASSORTMENT OF TABS
CLICK THE ONE THAT SAY STRUCTURE.
6.NOW YOU WILL SEE A NEW LIST OF FIELDS WITH CHECK BOXES NEXT TO THEM. CHECK THE VALUE BOX AND FOOLOW THE ROW TO THE RIGHT AND YOU WILL SEE AN IMAGE THAT LOOKS LIKE A PENCIL.
7.CLICK THE PENCIL
8.NOW LOOK FOR THE COLLATION DROP DOWN MENU AND FIND THE LISTING FOR utf8_general_ci make sure you have selected that listing and click save!
9. RERUN THE CB TEST AND HOORAH SOLDIER YOU GOT A CLEAN TEST.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn