Is a move and upgrade at the same time possible?

18 years 3 months ago #2877 by mexman
I'd like to start by thanking everyone involved for creating such a great piece of software. You guys really do a wonderful service to the Joomla community with this component.

Now on to the issues! :)

I have CB 1.0 Beta 4 installed on Mambo 4.5.1a. There are about 50 users on the site.

I'm currently re-doing the site using Joomla 1.0.5 and the latest (and greatest) CB distribution.

Is there any way for me to move 1.0 Beta user data over to the new site? And how would you suggest doing it? I've searched all the forums I can find and haven't seen any reference to moving a site, just upgrading it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2881 by mikko
Why don't you just upgrade from mambo to joomla and then from RC1 to RC2?

The other option is to do a clean install and copy the content of all tables that start with #__comprofiler.

mikko

18 years 3 months ago #2882 by nant
First of all welcome to Joomlapolis and thanks for your kind words.

As to your issues - you either upgrade and move or move and upgrade - really up to you. Either way make to sure to start with a backup!

Also look in these forums - there is an issue with Joomla 1.0.5 and CB. Maybe it would be prudent to stay with 1.0.4 until 1.0.5 issues are resolved.

18 years 3 months ago #2885 by mexman

Why don't you just upgrade from mambo to joomla and then from RC1 to RC2?

I could do this, however my hope was to have a fresh install of Joomla and all the other components, copy the data from the old site, and test everything. The new site is just a subdomain of the old, so I'll edit the htaccess file and new will replace old (at least that's my hope).

You hit on what I was looking for; copy the old tables into the new. So the best path is probably upgrading the RC1 install to RC2 on the old site, then copying all the #_comprofiler tables?

Thanks for your help mikko.

Post edited by: mexman, at: 2005/12/28 15:12

18 years 3 months ago #2886 by mexman
nant wrote:

Also look in these forums - there is an issue with Joomla 1.0.5 and CB. Maybe it would be prudent to stay with 1.0.4 until 1.0.5 issues are resolved.

Thanks Nick. I did note the issue and just replaced the 1.0.5 database.php with the 1.0.4 version until the bug is worked out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn