IP Address...

17 years 10 months ago #15325 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:IP Address...
OK. Here is what I did and the plugin started working both when I login as admin or as a registerd user:

I set the following:

Log Admin IP: Yes
Detect IP when user is: Visiting any profile
Log users IP: Everytime possible
Show IP to: Owner and Admins

I got to admit that I did all this randomly and can't tell which one did the trick, but I am happy :)

I'll do more testing.

Keep up the great work!

JD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #15334 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:IP Address...
First of all, thank you for you're quik work! Like it very much!

To make it : annoying people proof: we need a log ip function when the user login (login session?)
That would be great. Maybe every firstlog IP can write down in a table. So the load would be minimal. The IP is just be writed one time, only when a user login .

Idea?

O jeah, if you set the settings to: viewable for only admins, the plugin is still their. But only the IP numbers adress is missing. It would be great if the whole plugin not appear for normal members.

If i can help you a little, please ask, i'm not very advanced, but a easy learner ;)

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

17 years 10 months ago #15352 by joomladude
lennox wrote:

To make it : annoying people proof: we need a log ip function when the user login (login session?)
That would be great. Maybe every firstlog IP can write down in a table. So the load would be minimal. The IP is just be writed one time, only when a user login .

What I do on my site, I redirect the users after the login to their CB profile page as I want them to keep their profile page on mind and update it frequently and as needed. This approach eliminates the need for my site for an IP logging at login.

BTW, the plugin has this option to set the IP logging frequency:
"Log users IP: Everytime possible" which also can be set to "one time only".

JD

17 years 10 months ago #15379 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:IP Address...
Good to hear that it's working. Report the errors... - if any.

The thing about logging the session I thought about and will look into later I think. The problem is that we need several settings in the session as we need kontrol on things like "has been logged this *week*", "has been checked today" etc.

The thing on only grabbing the users IP and connecting it to there profile is on the map for the component. At the moment there are components that can grab IP and block users, but none that integrate with CB and grabs other information as well - that is my mission.

O jeah, if you set the settings to: viewable for only admins, the plugin is still their. But only the IP numbers adress is missing. It would be great if the whole plugin not appear for normal members.

Yes, there is a bug caused by the code I took out.

Post edited by: Kampp, at: 2006/06/18 14:13

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
Attachments:

17 years 10 months ago #15383 by silexian
Replied by silexian on topic Re:IP Address...
hi Kampp

your plugin is what I was waiting for.
That will enable me to limit spam and "bad people" :-)

Well, i tried to test it, and it did not insert the IP on my session. The field is "IP not detected" and the table is still empty. I tested with admin & a user.

here is my config :

Log admins IP: Yes
Detect IP when user is: visit own profile only
Log users IP: only if IP has not ....
Show IP to: admin only
Amount of IP's shown: 3

Well ...

i will try to find the bug later.

Post edited by: silexian, at: 2006/06/15 20:48

help me decrease my Karma ! i AM a bad boy ;) Hurry up or i'm gonna eat your soul :p

17 years 10 months ago #15384 by joomladude
I've tested the new version and it works as promissed (thanks :) ). This time arround, it also hides the text from the members.

However, the same error message comes up at installation, which I don't think is affecting the plugin's performance:

[code:1]Warning: call_user_func_array(): First argumented is expected to be a valid callback, 'plug_iplog_install' was given in /usr/home/mysite/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 1430[/code:1]

Great job bro.

JD

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn