Creative tab?

18 years 4 months ago #1301 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Creative tab?
It looks like you have not added the _UE_EMPTY definition in your language file.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1351 by skenliv
Replied by skenliv on topic Re:Creative tab?
So there should just be an empty space there, so that the column will be blank?

18 years 4 months ago #1385 by nant

18 years 4 months ago #2364 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:Creative tab?
Nick,

I'm completely lost, even with the detailed documentation and I'm wondering if the documentation mixes terms or if I'm just getting it wrong. For example, I'm trying to make a creative tab. This page...
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/151/37/
..says that as the "field title use _UE_EMPTY"

OK...so I'm defining a field (I've done a tab already) area, I've got 4 fields to start with...

* Type:
* Tab:
* Name:
* Title:

So for type I put "Editor text area", for Tab I put "About Me" as that's what I've created already, but what next?

The documentation (pg 52) suggests that it is the "Name" tab where you can make use of the underscore system and that "Title" is the label for the field you are creating and will appear on the page....but it then goes on to talk about (under "Expert notes") about default "title fields"....is this different to the "Title" field?

Is there any chance that this page...
www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/151/37/
...could be updated with an example that has example value for every piece of info when defining a field (Type, Tab, Name, Title, Description, Required, Show on Profile, User Read Only, Show at Registration, Published, Size, Max Length, Cols, Rows)...or even just a note as to what of these can be left alone?

Sorry, but I'm going "field" crazy.

Phil

18 years 4 months ago #2367 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Creative tab?
updated - the article with screen shot.
you must be doing something wrong.

18 years 4 months ago #2370 by phil_roy
Replied by phil_roy on topic Re:Creative tab?
Yeah I definietly was....I was getting a bit confused between the name and title fields and where the underscore code goes. Only comment I'd make about the screen shot is that '_UE_EMPTY" and '_UE_REALLY_EMPTY" are actually just meant to be both '_UE_EMPTY' aren't they? And published set to 'Yes'?

(edited...sorry I figured out quite simply what the other issue was)

Thanks again for the screen shot.

Phiil

Post edited by: phil_roy, at: 2005/12/18 11:45

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn