Fatal error... when trying to view CB profile

18 years 10 hours ago #9241 by larsm
Hi,
I have installed Community Builder CB 1.0 RC 2 on Joomla 1.0.8 Stable

I have created a user, and the user can log on. But when he tries to view his own profile or the profile of another user, he gets this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 233472 bytes) in /var/www/hotserv.dk/users/karting/www/modules/mod_cbloginrc2.php on line 249

The same thing happens for the admin user when logged onto the frontend.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Lars

PS: I had originally posted this as a reply to another post, but I have realised that the problme is not really the same. The root cause may be, but the symptoms are not...

Database Version: 4.1.14-log
PHP Version: 5.0.5-pl3-gentoo

Relevant PHP Settings: Safe Mode: OFF
Open basedir: /var/www/hotserv.dk/users/karting:/var/www/hotserv.dk/security:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/fonts:/var/www/hotserv.dk/tmp/users/7365
Display Errors: ON
Short Open Tags: ON
File Uploads: ON
Magic Quotes: ON
Register Globals: OFF
Output Buffering: OFF
Session save path: none
Session auto start: 0
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: mysql_pconnect,eval,fsockopen,pfsockopen,socket_connect,socket_create,dl,shell_exec,exec,system,passthru,chown,symlink,link
WYSIWYG Editor: No WYSIWYG Editor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #9320 by larsm
Problem "solved"

It was suggested to me that perhaps CB was not to be blamed, but the problem could be because of the sum of memory taken up by other moduls as well as CB.

However, Community Builder is the only non native extension that I have installed

Components
Banners
Community Builder
Mass Mail
News Feeds
Polls
Syndicate
Web Links

Modules
mod_cbloginrc2
mod_comprofilermoderator
mod_comprofileronline
mod_mainmenu
mod_mostread
mod_newsflash
mod_poll Site
mod_random_image
mod_related_items
mod_search
mod_stats
mod_templatechooser
mod_whosonline Site
mod_wrapper
mod_latest
mod_logged
mod_popular
mod_stats

But, then the advice turned out to be really useful to me. I turned off all other modules, such as "polls", "newsflash", latest news", etc, down to the bare bone.

And, now it works! I can click and see the CB profiles.

I'm running this on a free server at the moment, just for testing. When I get a "proper" server, I will probably have more memory, so if my tests show that the users should have CB, then I can give it to them.

I guess 8MB is very little...??

Best regards, and thank you all for the way you contribute, it's great ... maybe the world is a good place after all :)

Lars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn