CB 1.0 RC 2
php 4.4.1
mysql 4.1.14-standard-log

Gd2
imagemagic 6.0.7
Netpbm 10.25

www.mullismelange.com

running off bluehost.com servers.

The upload comprofiler directory has 777 permission. I have tried every setting possible even opened up the whole site.

No problems with uploading any other files or media in other programs.

The program goes through the motions on the frontend, but the image is not actualy uploaded to my server. When you log out and back in nothing. No waiting to approve picture message in the user or admin module.

Yes all modules are published and I have uninstalled and reinstalled CB. I did not manually delete the CB database tables. I will try this next and hope not to loose what few users I have.

Also:

I have manually uploaded pictures to the comprofiler media directory which works, but when I attempt to update/change the picture in the user frontend it actually deletes the file I manually uploaded and does not upload the new file.

I'm sure there is something hapening on my end, but it makes no sense when other programs easily upload within my joomla directory.

Is there a way to direct cb to upload outside the joomla/media/comprofiler/ directory without manually changing cb code?

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

A fellow genealogist! Nice work on the site.
Used the demo account to upload an image. Looks like the upload worked and I am getting a pending approval image.
I would need admin access to check things closer. If you want PM me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #10973 by nickjo
Replied by nickjo on topic Re:Another image upload problem
Seems to work for me as well... can you approve the images?

nant wrote:

reverendspam wrote:

Hi,

I am running:

Joomla! 1.0.8 Stable
CB 1.0 RC 2
php 4.4.1
mysql 4.1.14-standard-log

Gd2
imagemagic 6.0.7
Netpbm 10.25

www.mullismelange.com

running off bluehost.com servers.

The upload comprofiler directory has 777 permission. I have tried every setting possible even opened up the whole site.

No problems with uploading any other files or media in other programs.

The program goes through the motions on the frontend, but the image is not actualy uploaded to my server. When you log out and back in nothing. No waiting to approve picture message in the user or admin module.

Yes all modules are published and I have uninstalled and reinstalled CB. I did not manually delete the CB database tables. I will try this next and hope not to loose what few users I have.

Also:

I have manually uploaded pictures to the comprofiler media directory which works, but when I attempt to update/change the picture in the user frontend it actually deletes the file I manually uploaded and does not upload the new file.

I'm sure there is something hapening on my end, but it makes no sense when other programs easily upload within my joomla directory.

Is there a way to direct cb to upload outside the joomla/media/comprofiler/ directory without manually changing cb code?

Any help is appreciated.

Joe

A fellow genealogist! Nice work on the site.
Used the demo account to upload an image. Looks like the upload worked and I am getting a pending approval image.
I would need admin access to check things closer. If you want PM me.

blwebsolutions.com

17 years 11 months ago #10979 by reverendspam
Replied by reverendspam on topic Re:Another image upload problem
Something very strange.

I approved your image it appeared and when I went to look at your profile the image was gone again. The file also deleted off the server after I approved it.

I'm going to uninstall and try over again. This time I am going to delete the tables to make sure there is nothing going on with the database.

I am perplexed!

Joe

17 years 11 months ago #10992 by nickjo
Replied by nickjo on topic Re:Another image upload problem
Let us know how it goes. Good Luck!!

blwebsolutions.com

17 years 11 months ago #11038 by reverendspam
Okay, did a fresh install.

changed permission of images directory to 777, changed permission of images/comprofiler/ to 777, and changed images/comprofiler/gallery/ to 777

Still no luck

CB goes through the motions and I can approve as administrator.
When Checking my image directory the program actually uploads the image and creates a thumbnail.

I can log back in then the photo will show when I click on user profile, but when I go to another page and click on profile again the photo dissapears. Then afterwards I check in the image directory again and both the main image and thumbnail are deleted.

So now I know it is not a permission setting with my image folders. It is some interaction taking place between joomla and cb that is causing the image files to be deleted.

I really want to use cb, but hate that users cannot upload their photos.

Joe

Post edited by: reverendspam, at: 2006/04/26 23:07

17 years 11 months ago #11041 by reverendspam
404 SEF for Mambo 4.5.1

mamboforge.net/projects/sef404/

is the culprit. I turned off this component and CB is working as it should.

YES!

Joe

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn