[SOLVED] MyCommunity template in IE7

14 years 7 months ago #110981 by tsruud
[SOLVED] MyCommunity template in IE7 was created by tsruud
My Community template (1 and 1.1)does not display modules right that are placed in the right column.
This happens only in IE7 and only whith a variable width layout.
See screenshot

Is there someone who can fix this?
Thanks

Post edited by: tsruud, at: 2009/09/13 08:45

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/24 14:46
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111228 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MyCommunity template in IE7
Was not able to duplicate, disable modules 1 by 1 or adjust left and right column widths until issue is gone. I would need a link to your site (pm please) in order to debug this for my self. Otherwise use Firebug for Firefox to examine the CSS to see what is causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111239 by tsruud
Replied by tsruud on topic Re:MyCommunity template in IE7
Hi Kyle

No matter what module I place on the right side CB Gallery module or CB PB latest It happens with both no matter what column size. But only in IE7 and only when the "Variable or Fixed layout" template variable is set to variable.
(Fixed width=everything OK)
If you don't put a module on the right site then it looks also ok.
I use browsershots.org to see the effect on other browsers. After I got complaints from other IE7 users.
And by using my firebug i cannot detect what is responsabel for this problem in a browser i do not own anymore.
Here is the site: www.house2switch.org
Thank you

14 years 7 months ago #111616 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MyCommunity template in IE7
Looks like a minor CSS issue based off how large someones display is, it only appears to happen when someones resolution is significantly low. Average resolution is no longer 800x900.

In: templates/mycommunity/index.php
On: Line 61
[code:1]
#content { float:left; width: 99.8%!important; width: auto; }
[/code:1]
To:
[code:1]
#content { float:left; width: 99.5%!important; width: auto; }
[/code:1]

Adjust the width accordingly to match the resolution you see fit. You can also remove it all together if you see fit, but once removing you will need to add back if you decide to use fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111685 by tsruud
Replied by tsruud on topic Re:MyCommunity template in IE7
Thanks Kyle
solved

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn