[SOLVED] Logo Not Showing

14 years 5 months ago #114012 by nmcleod
[SOLVED] Logo Not Showing was created by nmcleod
I have designed my own logo and changed the parameters in the admin area to show this but all I get is white space.

I have tried everything to get the logo to show up and nothing works.

I'm obviously missing something very simple here and was hoping you guys would point me in the right direction.

I have specified the full path to the new logo in an effort to get over this problem and it still refuses to appear.

I get the same problem occuring in IE8 and Firefox 3.5.

I am running on Joomla 1.5 and have uploaded the 1.5 MyCommunity template.

Is there any other info you need to better help me?

Cheers,

Neil

Post edited by: nmcleod, at: 2009/10/14 17:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #114040 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Logo Not Showing
Ensure you're not specifying a live site path, but instead an absolute path. Example is as follows.
images/stories/powered_by.png

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114044 by nmcleod
Replied by nmcleod on topic Re:Logo Not Showing
Morning Krileon

I have tried both:

images/stories/mgb_help.png

and

www.mgbhelp.com/community/images/stories/mgb_help.png

I appreciate your help.

Neil

14 years 5 months ago #114049 by nmcleod
When right clicking over the white space and clicking on Properties, it points to blank.gif, a transparent image ~ 1px × 1px (scaled to 175px × 78px). I guess this is how it is set up but your code is actually embeddding the 175px x 78px png image? :blink:

14 years 5 months ago #114052 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Logo Not Showing
It's supposed to be a blank image, what actually changes is the background of the logo div. Was there any changes to the CSS? If so try re-installing so all changes are cleaned. When inspecting with Firefox does the DIV have the background as the logo you selected? Did you ensure to select Image for Text/Image Logo in backend parameters for your template?

Navigate to the following location and inspect the file to ensure your parameters are correct.
templates/mycommunity/params.ini

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #114055 by nmcleod
Thanks Krileon.

I'll try renstalling the template and then changing the actual image name to the one I've set up and then point to that in the parameters and let you know how I get on.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.621 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn