Registration Page displays oddly in IE 8

14 years 4 months ago #118465 by bluepete
Hello,

My registration page is displaying oddly in IE 8 vs. FF. I'm using the latest version, I believe, of mycommunity on CB 1.2.1, Joomla 1.5.14.

Note how the form elements in IE 8 are forced far to the right. In FF and Safari, these are aligned perfectly.

www.fyddeye.com/component/comprofiler/registers

I'd welcome any suggestions, or requests for more information.

Thank you.

bluepete

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118519 by bluepete
Replied by bluepete on topic Re:Registration Page displays oddly in IE 8
Hello,

I'm seemed to have stumbled on the solution to the problem of form elements in IE 8 wrapping in a registration page crowded with textboxes and privacy select drop-downs. Place this line in your template.css file in the .fieldCell section that controls the td tag:

white-space:nowrap;

WARNING! This means that this attribute will be in all fieldCell table cells. If you have long text descriptions in delimiters, they will stop wrapping. The solution is <br /> at various places.

Also, DEFINEd constants won't wrap either. Just put <br /> in appropriate places in default_language.php definitions. You may have to experiment a bit depending on your template.

This is just my solution. I haven't tested in in IE 6 or 7, though it seems to work fine in Safari and FF 3.5.4. I would WELCOME other ideas.

bluepete

Post edited by: bluepete, at: 2009/12/07 03:22

14 years 4 months ago #118521 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Registration Page displays oddly in IE 8
Karma uppage for sharing. ;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn