FOnt change changes template layout

12 years 7 months ago #172605 by tarbania
FOnt change changes template layout was created by tarbania
My template is set up for two main articles then I have three columns for subsequent featured articles in J1.7

The standard Joomla articles samples display fine. I changed the font size of the third article and in order to get spacing right I had to add a DIV to 1.5 size at 12 point.

When I set the size to 12 and increased the line sapacing, the second and third columns flaked out into miniatures and the third column chose to become the first column
of the second row of three.

I use new 1.6 revised Solarflaire template on another site and it handles this fine.

I can send you an email -- I sent Nick one already with the look of this site. Give me an aemail address and I will ssend if this note is not clear.

I downloaded the template again but it says it is the samle April build that I already have. Do you have separate fix files for templates?

Tarbania

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #172807 by Jacob
Replied by Jacob on topic Re: FOnt change changes template layout
Hi, can you please PM me your site URL so I can review the issue? Thanks.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

12 years 7 months ago #172819 by tarbania
Replied by tarbania on topic Re: FOnt change changes template layout
www.wilkesbarrerecord.com

It is just being built

Tarbania

12 years 7 months ago #173025 by tarbania
Did you receive my resopnse?

Tarbania

12 years 7 months ago #173100 by Jacob
Replied by Jacob on topic Re: FOnt change changes template layout
Yes I did. Would you be able to provide admin login (PM) I'd like to take a look at the display settings for the home page.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

12 years 7 months ago #173116 by tarbania
I solved the problem.

For whatever reason using this template, the spacing between the lines of text does not change when you change the font size.So, I used JCE to put a DIV tag (<div style="line-height: 150%;">) in to increase spacing to 150% when I increased the size of the text. I do use other templates and i do not recall having to do this 150% trick. Is there a default spacing that you use that makes a 12 or 14 point size need a trick like this because the default is so small? WHen I do not use the div with mycommunity, and I change the font size via the editor, JCE, the type is on top of the next line with lousy spacing.

Anyway, I had not placed the </div> at the end of the article and Joomla 1.7 or the MyCommunity template code or whatever displayed it in the distorted fashion as the opening div had not been closed.

If you can advise on how to change the font size without having to add a <div style="line-height: 150%;"> and a </div> in each article to change the line spacing, that would be nice!

Tarbania

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn