My Community 1.8 upgrade - adds annoying 1px white line along left column when module 7 LEFT is enabled

11 years 3 weeks ago #224013 by envee
Hi there,

It has been almost a week since this problem has been reported and I'm in need of a fix rather urgently.

Can someone please confirm that the issue is beeing looked at and inform me of the status?

Please also let me know if I can provide any further details or help in this matter.

Many thanks
Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #224067 by envee
Of the three potential issues I have found the cause of one.

The flickering failure to display google api layers on google maps properly is fixed by disabling the last line of the css file

#content IMG { max-width:100% }

The solution to this was found here: stackoverflow.com/questions/7471830/google-maps-api-v3-weird-ui-display-glitches-with-screenshot

I'll further test the disappearing menu for the backend.

Now I need to still need to figure out how to fix the single pixel border/gap that appears when modules are enabled on the left.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

11 years 3 weeks ago #224128 by nant

nicolasvirtsonis wrote: Of the three potential issues I have found the cause of one.

The flickering failure to display google api layers on google maps properly is fixed by disabling the last line of the css file

#content IMG { max-width:100% }

The solution to this was found here: stackoverflow.com/questions/7471830/google-maps-api-v3-weird-ui-display-glitches-with-screenshot

I'll further test the disappearing menu for the backend.

Now I need to still need to figure out how to fix the single pixel border/gap that appears when modules are enabled on the left.

ANY IDEAS ANYONE?

Is there anyway to get something live on the internet we can look at?

Its difficult to debug without access.

Or if you can give exact steps to replicate issue on a clean install we will try and replicate here.

11 years 3 weeks ago #224135 by envee
Hi Nick, good to speak to you again

Yes it should be replicable on a 2.5.8 installation with the template and a menu module enabled in the left position (position 7).

I have a description of why the error occurs in my previous posts (top layers above background layer are offset 1px to the right when a left menu is enabled)

I just don't know where I can fix it. It worked great in the previous install and i think it is something to do with the new "resizeable" elements in the php file.

If you can't replicate it I'd be happy to show you over skype perhaps

Many thanks
Nick

11 years 3 weeks ago #224185 by Jacob
Nick I will try to replicate locally and will update you shortly.

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

11 years 3 weeks ago #224188 by Jacob
Nick V, I cannot seem to replicate the issue.

Can you:

1) Indicate what operation system and browser you see the issue on?
2) Attach a screenshot showing that 1px offset on left side?

Thanks,
Jacob

Joomla Development and Support since 2005

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn