Empty page after installing mod_cbcontent

15 years 2 months ago #88698 by ahume
Hi, I just got your new products. I installed only MyComm plugin and cbcontent module. As suggested on documentation, I set cbcontent module to "registered" and also viewable on all menus. Then I copied suggested text to display CB menu inside module, and published it. Then when I try to check my site, I get a blank (empty) page. If I disable the module, everything works as expected.

One more thing (a typo I guess): on the documentation, text which is recommended to be copied inside module parameter is this:
[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe " /]
then, when configuring real module on top of text parameter there is another suggestion of what to copy and paste, and it's this one:
[cb:usertab tab="17" user="#displayedOrMe" /]

as you can see the text on documentation has an empty space after OrMe and the text on top of module "text" parameter doesn't. I have tried both ways and I still get an empty page when I try lo load my site.

Note: I'm using J 1.5.9 and CB 1.2 stable

Please help,

A

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #88700 by beat
Please turn site debug on, or do what suggested here if needed:

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/3949/58/

and report back errors you see or have in error log.

Maybe error will give you hint too. In all cases, please let us know what problem is/was. :)

The space shouldn't be critical, as both should work. But thanks for noticing and reporting back the difference.

P.S. Thanks for your support to the project, highly appreciated.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/02/14 01:46

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/02/14 01:47

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: imtiyazahmad

15 years 2 months ago #88705 by ahume
This is what I get with site debug on:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'xxxxxxxx.jos_comment' doesn't exist SQL=select u.id, u.username, u.name, c.avatar, a.contentid, a.component AS content, a.comment, a.date AS actidate FROM jos_users u, jos_comprofiler c, jos_comment a WHERE u.id=c.user_id and u.id=a.userid and a.published=1 order by a.date desc limit 10

error only shows when cbcontent module is enabled, otherwise page runs without errors.

Any idea what could be happenning? Thanks,

update: I disabled all other modules on my frontpage, and published only cbcontent, and now all I get is a blank page... I don't get errors anymore, but a blank page.
I try to check if there's any source code, but there's none. I'll update you if I find anything else of interest to solve this issue.

update 2: it seems to be a problem with my ILife, gavick template... maybe some kind of javascript/ajax conflict... I tested it with one of Joomla's default templates and it works fine. I'll try to find a way to fix this.

Any hint about the module? does it loads any .js file?

Thanks

A

Post edited by: ahume, at: 2009/02/14 02:48

Post edited by: ahume, at: 2009/02/14 03:29

15 years 2 months ago #89120 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:Empty page after installing mod_cbcontent
I had to delete a couple of spaces to get mine to work. I had the same problem. In the PDF for some reason, there are a couple of spaces that shouldn't be there it seems.

Marie Alline

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

15 years 2 months ago #89154 by ahume
Hi Marie Alline, would you please tell me a little bit more about those spaces you deleted?

All of my other components, any of them, work fine with my iLife template from gavick.com, it's just the cbcontent module which has issues.

I hope cb team will take a look into this issue and find a solution, because as many more people buys the module, some others will face this issue too.

Thanks,
A

15 years 2 months ago #89162 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Empty page after installing mod_cbcontent
I was not able to duplicate this issue on multiple clean test sites.

Please try using a default template or mycommunity template to see if the issue persists.

This is likely a JS conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn