Template or Browser Giving Me Problems

15 years 1 month ago #89128 by mariealline
Template or Browser Giving Me Problems was created by mariealline
Hello! I just love the new template! It makes my whole site look so much better and is so much more user friendly....at least in Firefox that is. In IE7 I have a huge space at the top. I don't know if I did a configuration wrong or is it a browser issue? I also have the browser "Flock" and it looks great in that browser.

My website is mariealline.com. If some of you could look at my site and see if it looks strange to you. Especially if you are running IE7, I would really appreciate it. It could be there is something wrong with my browser.

Thanks,
Marie Alline

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #89343 by mariealline
Replied by mariealline on topic Re:Template or Browser Giving Me Problems
I was told to request help here for the template and I have not gotten any input. There is a conflict with IE apparently and it doesn't have anything to do with the cb_content module, because I can unpublish it and uninstall it and I am still having the problem with IE. Can someone please help with this? I would really appreciate it.

;)

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

15 years 1 month ago #89354 by nant
mariealline wrote:

Hello! I just love the new template! It makes my whole site look so much better and is so much more user friendly....at least in Firefox that is. In IE7 I have a huge space at the top. I don't know if I did a configuration wrong or is it a browser issue? I also have the browser "Flock" and it looks great in that browser.

My website is mariealline.com. If some of you could look at my site and see if it looks strange to you. Especially if you are running IE7, I would really appreciate it. It could be there is something wrong with my browser.

Thanks,
Marie Alline

Looks fine in IE7 and FF3.

15 years 1 month ago #89376 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Template or Browser Giving Me Problems
I am not able to see an issue with your site. However there is some misconfiguration with your menus. Please ensure you've read through the documentation to ensure your menus and modules appear as intended. Documentation for J1.5 and J1.0 is included with the MyCommunity package.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 1 month ago #89428 by mariealline
Thank you Nant! I think I have come to the conclusion that it is not a template problem. In fact it doesn't even seem to be a browser problem. I use Webroot security software and I am beginning to think that is the problem. If I shut it down while I am browsing,in fact before I even open a browser, I don't seem to have the problem. I had to do the same with my husbands computer and it showed just fine on his as well.

Thank you so much for looking though. Sometimes you just have to keep on trying things and get other opinions to be sure of what it is.

Thanks again for looking,
Marie

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

15 years 1 month ago #89429 by mariealline
krileon wrote:

I am not able to see an issue with your site. However there is some misconfiguration with your menus. Please ensure you've read through the documentation to ensure your menus and modules appear as intended. Documentation for J1.5 and J1.0 is included with the MyCommunity package.

Thank you for looking! Can you explain to me what exactly you are referring to? I did follow the directions explicitly I thought, but I may have missed something. I was pretty tired when I was working on it so it wouldn't surprise me.

I do love that template though and so do my members, so Kudos to all who worked on it!

Thanks again,
Marie Alline

Thank you,
Marie Alline
mariealline.com
footprints-online.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn