IE6 Display Problem

14 years 10 months ago #97370 by qrQq97y3P2yS
IE6 Display Problem was created by qrQq97y3P2yS
I am running MyCommunity template and my main content area isn't placed properly in IE6. It is overrunning the right side and starts at the bottom of the content of the sides. Please help me to resolve. See problem with IE6 at www.racestatus.com

Thank you,

ggg

Trip-G Software

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97465 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:IE6 Display Problem
Try a website developer plugin for IE that helps you determine which CSS element is causing the problem.
:)

BTW... it renders fine in IE for me. :huh:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

13 years 11 months ago #129804 by fepa
Replied by fepa on topic Re:IE6 Display Problem
I'm having the same problem on this site:
www.alotropia.org/endesarrollo

Everything is OK in IE8 and firefox, but in IE6 the main content displays below everything else. I have no aditional css files only mycommunity.

I can see that qrQq97y3P2yS disabled the right column in the site. Didn't you find any solutions?

Any suggestions from Joomlapolis staff?

13 years 11 months ago #129957 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:IE6 Display Problem
We do not perform tests on IE6, it is a significantly obsolete browser. The farthest back we perform tests for is IE7. The issue is likely just a spacing problem with how large the content DIV is.

Navigate to Extensions -> Template Manager -> mycommunity and edit Template Width, Left Sidecolumn Width (px), and Right Sidecolumn Width (px) as necessary until fits properly within IE6. You may also need to edit CSS to reduce padding/margins or adjust the width % of content from 99.8 to maybe just 99.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn