Hosting my website on another host (justhost)

11 years 7 months ago #207070 by jptaisie
Hi all,

First of all, this is my first post. I would appreciate your responses to be brief as possible.

I have a small facebook community and its growing. We have now decided that it's now time to move away from facebook for a more organised/categorized discussions. We have decided to go for a community forum social network with Joomla CMS.

We have registered our domain name on Justhost. Our problem now is, since we will be mainly focusing on forums/discussion, we have trouble to decide between Jomla Social and CB. I have been using Joomla for the past years but have never touch it since 3 years ago, so am kind of a newbie again.

My questions are as follows;
1) Can I install CB on Justhost.com where my domain name is registered.
2) If I decided to subscribe for a yearly-subscription CB package, how can I install it on Justhost, is it just like any other Joomla installation (remotely)
3) Can I have someone on the CB support team to do a complete installation and initial setting to run my site on Justhost and support me for the initial phase of deployment, to give me sometime to adapt to CB and Joomla.
4) Is there any professional free-lancer who can perform point 3) for me.

I look forward for your responses.

Thanks

Jamie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #207082 by nant
[mod note: moved from Hosting forum to presales forum]

jptaisie wrote: Hi all,

First of all, this is my first post. I would appreciate your responses to be brief as possible.

Will try.

I have a small facebook community and its growing. We have now decided that it's now time to move away from facebook for a more organised/categorized discussions. We have decided to go for a community forum social network with Joomla CMS.

Always good to own your data.

We have registered our domain name on Justhost. Our problem now is, since we will be mainly focusing on forums/discussion, we have trouble to decide between Jomla Social and CB. I have been using Joomla for the past years but have never touch it since 3 years ago, so am kind of a newbie again.

CB has very nice integration with Kunena.
See how our forum sidebar works on this site - it can display based on user data in CB (example: paid member badges).

My questions are as follows;
1) Can I install CB on Justhost.com where my domain name is registered.

Of course.

2) If I decided to subscribe for a yearly-subscription CB package, how can I install it on Justhost, is it just like any other Joomla installation (remotely)

Yes.

3) Can I have someone on the CB support team to do a complete installation and initial setting to run my site on Justhost and support me for the initial phase of deployment, to give me sometime to adapt to CB and Joomla.

We have basic installation services for CB (see your membership tab on your profile. But this does not include migration. It is only to install on a new (latest) Joomla site.

4) Is there any professional free-lancer who can perform point 3) for me.

Try joomlancers.

I look forward for your responses.

Thanks

Jamie

Welcome to our forums.

11 years 7 months ago #207090 by jptaisie
Hi Nick,

Thanks for that quick reply. Appreciate it. I will now think about this approach and the package. If anything else, I will keep the forum posted.

Regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn