Site crashes when CBsubsbot is enabled.

11 years 6 months ago #211323 by envee
Hi there,

My site has been working OK except when i enable the CBsubsbot plugin.
The moment i do that both the front and back ends crash giving me "The connection was reset" errors....

Using WAMP localhost
J! 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
CBSubs 2.0.2
For all this I have been using ioncube v3.3.12.

So, I decided to use a restore my backup and upgrade ioncube to the latest version (4.2.2) and that makes the site crash as soon as any user (including superuser) logs in the front end. Back end crashes only as soon as i click on the CB Subs plugin...

I thought perhaps i had protected the login or the cbsubs module but i probably didn't because i hadn't enabled the cbsubsbot plugin. (unless i had done that in an older version and it kept the settings)

Reading other posts i'm guessing it's either ioncube or i protected something i shouldn't have right? Any ideas?

Many thanks
Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #211328 by envee
Tried with older versions of CB & Cbsubs and the same thing happens..

However, in my an ancient Joomla 1.5.24 version it was enabled fine - i had used jupgrade to upgrade to 2.5.... Could that be the culprit and if yes, what should i do?

Nick

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #211330 by envee
Also tried uninstalling cbsubsbot (in my latest j2.5.7 version) and then reinstalling it....

Still the same....

Any suggestions?

11 years 6 months ago #211333 by nant
your ioncube version is very old - you need to update.

11 years 6 months ago #211339 by envee
I upgraded to the latest but then as soon as someone logs into the front end the site crashes.

After upgrading to the latest ioncube, the backend works, except for CBSubs which crashes when i click on the link.

"The connection was reset"

I'm guessing it's got something to do with ioncube but it is the CBSubs functionallity that crashes.

Any suggestions?

11 years 6 months ago #211347 by nant

nicolasvirtsonis wrote: I upgraded to the latest but then as soon as someone logs into the front end the site crashes.

After upgrading to the latest ioncube, the backend works, except for CBSubs which crashes when i click on the link.

"The connection was reset"

I'm guessing it's got something to do with ioncube but it is the CBSubs functionallity that crashes.

Any suggestions?

Typically such things happen with bad/old ioncube setup.

Cannot really help you on a local installation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn