Site crashes when CBsubsbot is enabled.

11 years 6 months ago #211458 by nant

nicolasvirtsonis wrote: In another post Kyle suggests:

"If using php.ini to enable, ensure it's within Joomla root and root/administrator." (www.joomlapolis.com/forum/256-cbsubs-support/208974-cbpaidsubsbot-is-crashing-my-website)

I unsuccessfully tried by making copies of the ioncube-enabled php.ini into the root and the administrator folder but i'm not sure if that's what is meant by the statement.

Will keep trying to figure this out and update the post

Use the ioncube wizard script - it will tell you exactly what you need to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #211488 by envee
EEEeexcellent!

That did the trick Nick,

I was copying over what i thought was the latest version (VC9) :whistle: but instead the installer suggested i use the Windows VC6 (x86) version, which worked like a charm!!! :blush:

Excellent, thanks for your help Nick!

Since Ioncube describes the differences between threading and non-threading on their download page perhaps they ought to explain the difference between VC6 & V9 (apparently VC6 builds are for the Apache HTTP Server and VC9 builds are for the Microsoft IIS Server).

What a waste of time and energy for such a silly assumption on my part! Many newbs must have made the same mistake!

Thanks Again Nick! Best regards!
Nick

11 years 6 months ago #211490 by nant

nicolasvirtsonis wrote: EEEeexcellent!

That did the trick Nick,

I was copying over what i thought was the latest version (VC9) :whistle: but instead the installer suggested i use the Windows VC6 (x86) version, which worked like a charm!!! :blush:

Excellent, thanks for your help Nick!

Since Ioncube describes the differences between threading and non-threading on their download page perhaps they ought to explain the difference between VC6 & V9 (apparently VC6 builds are for the Apache HTTP Server and VC9 builds are for the Microsoft IIS Server).

What a waste of time and energy for such a silly assumption on my part! Many newbs must have made the same mistake!

Thanks Again Nick! Best regards!
Nick

Glad you are all set!

Thanks for posting back resolution - might help others in the future (if they search ofc).

Enjoy the most powerful subscription solution for Joomla!

(hope you can work on a Greek translation also)
The following user(s) said Thank You: envee

11 years 6 months ago #211494 by envee

Enjoy the most powerful subscription solution for Joomla!

I'm not just enjoying it - I'm loving it!

(hope you can work on a Greek translation also)

I'd love to but my market is english-speaking (A Greek market is a bit of a paradox these days!)

Happy to chip in anything marketing related, though i'm sure a product such as CBSubs probably sells itself!

Thanks again!
Nick

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn