403 Forbidden Access Problem

13 years 3 months ago #149683 by cellington
403 Forbidden Access Problem was created by cellington
Hello,

We have CB v. 1.3.1 w/ CBSubs v1.1.2 installed on Joomla! v. 1.5.22 Stable, PHP v. 5.3.3, on a test installation with subscription plans from our live, existing site imported, as well as a couple new test plans created.

The problems we are encountering are-
1) when clicking the link to the URL of any plan (new or old) from within the CBSubs subscription plan editor, the following 403 Forbidden error is displayed:

'Forbidden You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.'

the link given looks like-

[code:1]index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&do=displayplans&plans=59[/code:1]

2) When clicking the Payments Center Main Menu Subscriptions Module a similar 403 Forbidden error displays- 'Forbidden You don't have permission to access /administrator/index.php on this server.'

Everything else appears to be working as expected. Please advise how to correct this problem. Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149711 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:403 Forbidden Access Problem
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once one please try to re-access one of the links in question. Review any on-screen error (such as mysql error, etc...). Once done please review your server error logs and provide any errors in the log that pertain to the time you performed the test.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150066 by cellington
Replied by cellington on topic Re:403 Forbidden Access Problem
krileon wrote:

Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once one please try to re-access one of the links in question. Review any on-screen error (such as mysql error, etc...). Once done please review your server error logs and provide any errors in the log that pertain to the time you performed the test.

Happy New Year and thanks for your reply.

We've run the debug steps you provided and the errors in the php log corresponding to the access test are:

[code:1]PHP Notice: Undefined variable: limitstart in .../modules/mod_jw_ucd/mod_jw_ucd.php on line 249
[/code:1]

Which doesn't really make sense to me, as I realize that the jw_ucd plugin isn't a part of CB/CBsubs. After disabling the jw_ucd module, the access results were the same. What do you advise for a resolution? Thanks.

13 years 3 months ago #150091 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. Not sure of the cause directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150178 by cellington
Replied by cellington on topic Re:403 Forbidden Access Problem
PM sent.:)

Thank you for having a look.

13 years 3 months ago #150183 by krileon
Seams like a simple permissions issue. Can't see anything that appears amiss within your installation. Please check using FTP the folder permissions for components/, components/com_comprofiler/, components/com_comprofiler/plugin/, components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/, and components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions. Please also check the permissions of index.php within Joomla root and root/administrator/. Permissions should be something such as 777, 755, 775, 644, etc.. see which works best.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn