[FIXED] Plans set in User Manager not made active

14 years 10 months ago #101280 by mmccormick
joomla 1.5.10 / cb 1.2.1 / cbsubs 1.0.1

When members register by mail (pay by check), we will need to add a User and assign subscription on backend.

I create New User, assign subscription, and save and all seems OK (no X es, all approved) and activation email is sent to User (still OK), however (a) the plan name does not show under Subscriptions column for this User and (b) User gets warning on login attempt "Membership is needed for access."

I had reworked plans so that, if a free plan I could add it on front end, approve it behind (this works--I just have to turn off misfiring Activation Email and moderator must email these folks personally).

However, if someone pays offline (e.g., by check, as often happens), how can they be easily added on backend (they have already paid)? I even tried using the Import option to import the one UserID, but no luck there.

I have seen other posts about this (plan seems to register, but does not). Is it a bug then?

This is my 5th workaround for these plans. They are typical situations for an Association (what you might call Society User Case).

Post edited by: mmccormick, at: 2009/06/07 06:38

Post edited by: mmccormick, at: 2009/06/07 06:44

====> FIXED IN CBSUBS 1.0.3

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/09/16 22:24

Post edited by: beat, at: 2009/09/16 22:24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101282 by mmccormick
FOLLOWUP 1: If you leave User Manager and come back, the green check for Enabled turns to red X (and I check it green and nothing changes--on return it is red). Wacky.

FOLLOWUP 2: If you go back into the record, no subscription is applied, BUT when you click the Subscription again, it sticks this second time!

It seems like the User first must be assigned an ID (register) and then assigned to a subscription (subscribed)--doesn't seem to be happening simultaneously on backend, but should?

14 years 10 months ago #101374 by beat
There seems indeed to be a bug when creating new users from backend and simultaneously assigning a new subscription to them at same time.

The workaround suggested is right:
- create user first
- then edit and add the plans.

Tagged for fixing.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 9 months ago #103065 by djackso1
beat wrote:

There seems indeed to be a bug when creating new users from backend and simultaneously assigning a new subscription to them at same time.

The workaround suggested is right:
- create user first
- then edit and add the plans.

Tagged for fixing.

I can also confirm this issue. The problem I have with the work around is the user ends up getting two emails. One when their basic profile info is added and saved and another when the membership tier is applied and saved. Not really an acceptable work around IMHO.

Any rough estimate on when this will be fixed? Thank you!

14 years 7 months ago #111382 by beat
Fixed in 1.0.3, just released.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn