CBsubs Payment gateways API

13 years 8 months ago #139847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
DreamRaven wrote:

Bump?

Any chance of any kind of release any time soon?

We've opted out of releasing an RC. We're still working to prepare CBSubs 1.1. If you wish to apply to our workgroups to become a tester of CBSubs 1.1 betas then please review my PM.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144448 by ala7lam
Replied by ala7lam on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Guys we understand that you have families, but if you are that hammered with work, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't hire a developer or two (Full-Time or Part-Time) to speed up the development process. If it goes slow like this (Almost Yearly cycle) I doubt many would want CB Subs unless its fully functional and fully packed with features.

CB Sub's price is great but that doesn't mean you should go so slow like this with the development even though you KNOW that we are waiting for many features to come...

The only reason I bought CB Subs last year is because I've read somewhere that 2Checkout's gateway is going to be released, and now, it is almost a year and nothing is out yet!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with Community builder and CB Subs but I want CB Subs to be fully functional and flexible. I also need 2 Checkout...

CB 1.7.1
CBSubs

13 years 6 months ago #144462 by krileon

Guys we understand that you have families, but if you are that hammered with work, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't hire a developer or two (Full-Time or Part-Time) to speed up the development process. If it goes slow like this (Almost Yearly cycle) I doubt many would want CB Subs unless its fully functional and fully packed with features.

We understand development has been slow to the users perspective, but we have users expecting new CB, new CBSubs, and new GJ yesterday.. that's 3 massive projects that all need attention; of course CBSubs is being given 70-80% of our attention, but most of CBSubs runs off CB which means CB may need new features FOR CBSubs.. so it's a double-development, security, and testing process.

Beat has been full force on CBSubs and CB to push further new releases, we don't want to release a half-finished feature or a half-fixed bug. Some features/bugs have required a lot of overhead and this complete re-testing. Thus far our testing users are having successful results so a new release is quite soon. We do have plans to completely rethink how we push out new releases after CBSubs 1.1.

CB Sub's price is great but that doesn't mean you should go so slow like this with the development even though you KNOW that we are waiting for many features to come...

Right, because of those many features it is taking extensive time to develop them, implement them, and test them correctly. The last thing we want is a users site compromised from anything we released, that's not how we work. Security is absolutely vital to our development and that security phase takes time. Expect fantastic features like full internal Tax support, new payment gateways, and much more with next release. I dare say CBSubs 1.1 is a "re-release" of how you the users expected CBSubs to be from the beginning.

The only reason I bought CB Subs last year is because I've read somewhere that 2Checkout's gateway is going to be released, and now, it is almost a year and nothing is out yet!

2checkout API has proven to be a massive undertaking and took nearly 2-3 months JUST for that gateway with proper testing, etc.. However it's now implemented and ready for CBSubs 1.1 and will be available (among a few other gateways) with its release.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy working with Community builder and CB Subs but I want CB Subs to be fully functional and flexible. I also need 2 Checkout...

We understand completely. It's very hard for us the developers to stress the time of the development, security, and testing phases to the end user as end users typically see a minor feature as something to be done in 5 minutes, but that is highly not the case. We're working as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Look folks I'm not going to make any excuses. I simply don't have any. All I can offer is we're doing our best. If our best isn't good enough then I am deeply sorry and we'll certainly try harder. I guarantee though that those who are patient will be greatly rewarded with the next release as I believe it will contain everything everyone has been asking for. No this does not mean every payment gateway from here to the sun will be implemented, but we're working on an international gateway that can provide that potential. As well as with CBSubs 1.1 I'll be reviewing creation additional gateways taking time away from incubator projects for everyone to enjoy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146558 by jase@eem.tv
Replied by jase@eem.tv on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Krileon,
I've PMed you to see if I can get beta access to 1.1.
My client is trying to gain PCI compliance certification and currently can not because they are storing credit cards to run them offline. They can't switch processors because they are a government organization and they only have a limited set of choices on who to use.
This experience has caused me to stay away from CB when payment is required in the future. But please understand, for this project, over $10,000 has been invested - integrating with Sugar CRM, transporting data from an old database, etc. etc.
With my client having outlaid so much money, these delays put me in a very precarious position legally. I'd really like to try and find a way to make it work finally instead of have the "crap hit the fan."
Please understand and let me know what you can do.

13 years 5 months ago #146718 by QuietlyWorking
Replied by QuietlyWorking on topic Re:CBsubs Payment gateways API
Hey CBSubs Team... Three questions:
1. Do you have an update for the payment gateway API release?
2. and the CBSubs 1.1 release?
3. and will First Data Global Gateway (Bank of America) be one of the added gateways available in the CBSubs 1.1 release?

Thank you VERY much,
Chaplain TIG
www.ChildrenOfFallenSoldiers.org

13 years 5 months ago #146817 by krileon

1. Do you have an update for the payment gateway API release?

Implemented, but no documentation currently.

2. and the CBSubs 1.1 release?

This year.

3. and will First Data Global Gateway (Bank of America) be one of the added gateways available in the CBSubs 1.1 release?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds