Setting Up Plans with an initial FREE Period

14 years 5 months ago #116763 by reders
Hi There,
I am used to using AEC Subscriptions component and have decided to try yours for a new project we are creating using CB.

The question I have is:-
We want to offer customers an initial 7 Day Free Trial of our Website, after the 7 days is up they pay a yearly subscription.

I have set up a test plan with an initial 7 Day Free Trial.

When I then go to the front end to test this, I am still prompted to go and pay at paypal.

Is there a way to give customers access to the website for 7 days and then when they sign in after the FREE Trial Period is finished, they are prompted to sign up for the payed subscription.?

Kindest Regards,
Sean R.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116769 by krileon
When using paypal subscription simply click the Free Trial button on the page to select your payment type. This Free button is only available for the recurring, if using single payments the user will be automatically given free access until the free trial has ended. Paypal will also handle the free trial as necessary as they do accept free trials for recurring payments, but if users do not wish to create the auto recurring payment in paypal and only want the free trial they will have to click the Free Trial button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116783 by reders
Hi there,
Not sure you've understood me or I have misunderstood your reply?

IF a new user signs up and I want to offer them a 7 Day FREE Trial which gives them instant access to the website, without having to go through to paypal.

Once the 7 Day Free Trial is finished and they try to login to their account they are then prompted to sign up to the main yearly subscription.

Hope this makes better sense?

Regards,
Sean R.

14 years 5 months ago #116791 by krileon
It makes perfect sense as explained in my previous post (likely confusing :laugh: ) this is doable.

First edit your plans and click the Price tab. Change Auto-recurring renewals (*):: to User's choice: leave choice to user (*). Users should be able to see the Free Trial button when they attempt to purchase a plan. Instead of clicking Paypal Subscribe button they need only click Free Trial button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116810 by reders
Thanks krileon,
Everything working now.

I have more questions.
Is there a way to send an automatic email out 2 days before the FREE Period is due to end.

And also is there a way to send an email out 2 days before a main subscription is due to expire?

How do I restrict a user who's FREE 7 Day Trial has expired from logging in? I have installed the plugin to restrict content but this is not restricting the user.
If the 7 Day Free Trial has expired, I do not want them to have access to any part of the site apart from their profile/renewal form.

Regards,
Sean R.

Post edited by: reders, at: 2009/11/13 19:18

14 years 5 months ago #116817 by krileon

Is there a way to send an automatic email out 2 days before the FREE Period is due to end.

No, you can not send emails in advance, you can use the emails on the presentation tab or with the email integration plugin to send an email when the subscription expires.

And also is there a way to send an email out 2 days before a main subscription is due to expire?

See above.

How do I restrict a user who's FREE 7 Day Trial has expired from logging in? I have installed the plugin to restrict content but this is not restricting the user.

A subscription GIVES access to the content you've selected in the plan. It does not remove access to said content. You'll need multiple plans I suppose, but don't know the details of your needed configuration so can't advise further.

If the 7 Day Free Trial has expired, I do not want them to have access to any part of the site apart from their profile/renewal form.

When the users subscription expires they revert to expired and no longer have the access granted by the plan they subscribed to. So in other words protect the profile url either By Menu, By Component, or By URL Part using the Content integration plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn