[SOLVED] CB Online Module not hiding with CBSubs

14 years 3 months ago #118893 by mware
I have done a successful upgrade to cb subs 1.0.3 from 1.0.1. I have a cb online module (mod_comprofileronline) that should display only for subscribers to a single cb subs plan.

This worked in 1.0.1, but now the module displays for all plans. I've tried uninstalling the module, recreating the entries, even installing the 1.0.1 module version.

It seems that there's something about the 1.0.3 upgrade that is ignoring the permissions in Integrations / By Module for this module.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/11 22:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #118896 by krileon
Are you logged in as a moderator/administrator? By default administrators are "immune" to any protection; in other words they'll see the module regardless of subscription. Ensure you're logged in as a registered user without the necessary subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118905 by mware
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm sure I'm logged in as a non administrative user. I have several test accounts for that purpose. All other modules are hiding as they should. Only this one is showing when it shouldn't.

14 years 3 months ago #118919 by krileon
mware wrote:

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm sure I'm logged in as a non administrative user. I have several test accounts for that purpose. All other modules are hiding as they should. Only this one is showing when it shouldn't.

Check all your plans to ensure it is not being protected by a plan the user owns. Also double check that the plan you want to actually protect the module does have it selected. If you continue to have problems please PM me backend admin access.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 months ago #118958 by mware
This was a test server, so I reloaded and then went through the whole process again. This time everything is fine. I think it must have had more to do with something going wrong in the CB upgrade than the CB Subs upgrade, though I can't see why as I checked the permissions multiple times.

As far as I can tell everything is now fine, and I have lots of practice doing the upgrade (about four times now I think). The live site should go well!

Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn