folder access protection not working

14 years 11 months ago #96798 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:folder access protection not working
The folder was there when I created the plan, linked to the plan with an absolute path and when I imported the user. A .htpasswd was created by cbsubs, but no .htaccess

This still doesn't work with new plans I have set up. How is it fixed? If you're saying I have to wait for the next version for a real fix then I need a refund.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #96813 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:folder access protection not working
CBSubs maintenance release 1.0.1 due out real soon. :)

mcooper03, you got email. Please reply if you wish to test the fixed folder integrations plugin :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 8 months ago #106274 by mcooper03
Replied by mcooper03 on topic Re:folder access protection not working
I'm still having trouble with folder access. It may be a problem with how Joomla is set up on my server but I'm not sure and don't know how to fix it. The plugin seems to work. It creates a htaccess and htpassd file. The htpassd file has the user and encrypted pass of the users who have subscribed to the plan and logged in. However, with the htaccess file there I get a Joomla generated 404 components not found screen whenever any of the files in the protected folder are accessed. This should give the message listed in the htaccess file requesting that the user log in, but it doesn't. It's like Joomla has taken over the function and I don't know how to make the password prompt come up. Please help Beat! You're my only hope.

Post edited by: mcooper03, at: 2009/07/27 21:54

14 years 8 months ago #106347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:folder access protection not working
We've tested it in multiple scenarios and it's functioning as expected. It's possible upper level htaccess files are affecting yours. Have you tried a different folder?

When creating your protection have you set it to use Joomla path or absolute path? If inside the Joomla root then use Joomla path. If outside of your Joomla root then use absolute.

If a joomla component trys to access a protected folder then it will give a 404 error. htaccess protects a folder entirely, even from server side scripts such as a components php file trying to include or direct to a protected component.

If you're using it in that manner then the folder access plugin is being used incorrectly. That's not its intended purpose. Protect the component with the content plugin (has an extensions tab on integrations tab for your plan) or by URL part.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/28 15:50

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn