cannot get cbsubs to work

14 years 10 months ago #97108 by wendyj
cannot get cbsubs to work was created by wendyj
Hi,
I am having a beast of a time getting cbsubs to work. Sometimes I can get into settings, sometimes I can't. Here is my current error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 135797 bytes) in /home7/SITE/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.params.php on line 1071

I was able to activate my license yesterday, enabled the cb plugins and the joomla module and plugin. Now I get this memory error. When I disable them I still get the memory error. I have a single php.ini with the mem set at 128MB and joomla settings sees it as 128MB. Can I please get some assistance with this?
Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97110 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
wendyj wrote:

Hi,
I am having a beast of a time getting cbsubs to work. Sometimes I can get into settings, sometimes I can't. Here is my current error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 39583744) (tried to allocate 135797 bytes) in /home7/SITE/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.params.php on line 1071

I was able to activate my license yesterday, enabled the cb plugins and the joomla module and plugin. Now I get this memory error. When I disable them I still get the memory error. I have a single php.ini with the mem set at 128MB and joomla settings sees it as 128MB. Can I please get some assistance with this?
Thanks!

Obviously you don't have 128 MB.
Some hosts restrict your memory regardless of what php shows. Ask your host to increase your memory.
Also, what PHP version are you using?

14 years 10 months ago #97114 by wendyj
Replied by wendyj on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
Hi,
Thanks for your prompt reply!
PHP 5.2.9
Joomla 1.5.10

I have a single php.ini and the host co. says that I can set my mem there, which I did.

14 years 10 months ago #97124 by nant
Well from the message you got it looks like you were not able to allocate:

39583744 + 135797 = 39719541

in other you cannot allocate 40 MB regardless of what your PHP ini file says.

Please post a ticket to your host for comments.

You host most likely has a restriction.

14 years 10 months ago #97127 by wendyj
Replied by wendyj on topic Re:cannot get cbsubs to work
Hi Nick,
I am on live chat with my hosting company right now and they say, and I quote:

"well, the issue with this is the php.ini is set, the system is using only that php.ini and there is nothing else that could be going wrong. everything is showing it is set up right."

He also says that I "have the ability to go up to 128" which is where that php.ini is set.

Should I try uninstalling everything and re-installing? Will my license still work if I do that?

14 years 10 months ago #97130 by nant
And how do they explain the error message you are seeing?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn