'Downgrade' of users not automatic

14 years 9 months ago #100697 by Partic
'Downgrade' of users not automatic was created by Partic
When a subscription period ends (trial or paid) should the CBSUBS drop the user's account down to the next subscription that's appropriate, or (as it currently appears) it just leaves them in an 'unsubscribed' status where they don't go to the next subscription level, nor do they appear to be just back to general registered user status?

eg. User signs up for a premium trial, but cancels the trial before the payment is charged.

The trial will end, and the user's premium access will stop.

However, it does not then revert the user's account to another subscription level automatically.

In this case, they should be dropped down to a standard package, which drops the premium features, but is still higher access level than a registered user.

Is there a way to do this currently, or can it become a new feature to be able to set the subscription to switch the user back to (defaulting to 'registered' level)?

Patrick Jackson
www.kpsystems.com.au
Joomla Developer: Melbourne, Australia
Melbourne Joomla User Group: www.joomladay.org.au/melbourne-user-group

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #100749 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:'Downgrade' of users not automatic
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's working as intended. Such functionality should be possible with a plugin. To sponsor said integration you'd need to speak to Beat.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #101410 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:'Downgrade' of users not automatic
Actually, it will go down automatically to any previously active subscription, which has been upgraded to the expired one, provided that the previous subscription is still active.

e.g.:

Member registers for 1$ 5-years beginner plan
Then upgrades to $10 1-month premium

After expiry of premium, beginer plan is automatically re-activated, and re-subscription to premium is possible (if allowed by plan configs)

Otherwise if no upgrade occured, it will automatically revert to a free lifetime subscription, if free users are allowed and subscriptions don't need to be created for free lifetime subscriptions in general CBSubs settings.

That's how it's designed and already works (CBSubs 1.0.1) :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn