Error 500 while accessing settings

14 years 9 months ago #101560 by tdesvages
Error 500 while accessing settings was created by tdesvages
Hi,

Just installed CBsubs on a brand new Joomla 1.5.9 website.

Everything worked (well at least when I got the trick for the ioncube loader thing) and then I accessed my CBsubs plugin config.

Then I tried to access the settings icon area to fill it with my license number but got a 500 - internal server error.

As I cannot have access to the error log (I have a shared hosting in 1&1 webhoster and they do not provide these log files and it takes at least 1 week to have an answer...), I was wondering if you could give me a hand on this.

Thanks,
Théo

Server information:
Server Linux infong 2.4 #1 i686 GNU/Linux
Database: 5.0.81-log
PHP version: 5.2.9
Webserver: Apache
Webserver to PHP: cgi
Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #101563 by tdesvages
Replied by tdesvages on topic Do not choose 1&1 shared hostings for CBsubs
Okay, got it...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95567/catid,92/limit,6/limitstart,0/
and
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,95950/catid,94/limit,6/limitstart,6/

1&1 do not allow more than 20MB for their shared hosting... am going straight ahead to make theme some bad advertising!

Yet, guys, as it seems that I'm the 3rd or 4th to complain about this problem on this forum, it would be cool if you could tell this in the requirements list... or tell your customers that this 1&1 hostings are insufficient before buying CBsubs, no?
It's kind of a big webhoster... and it's kind of anoying to have to change...

14 years 9 months ago #101714 by duce501
Replied by duce501 on topic Re:Error 500 while accessing settings
I just started to recieve this same error, but I have had subs working for about a week, and now all of a sudden I cannot access the plugin.

And help on this would be appreciated.

14 years 9 months ago #101725 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Error 500 while accessing settings
duce501 wrote:

I just started to recieve this same error, but I have had subs working for about a week, and now all of a sudden I cannot access the plugin.

And help on this would be appreciated.

check your website error log (ask hoster if needed).
also, if you did not add/change anything, then maybe the host made some changes that are causing this - good toget your hoster to help out.

14 years 9 months ago #101811 by duce501
Replied by duce501 on topic Re:Error 500 while accessing settings
OK, I checked with the host and nothing has changed since the error has occured. They bumped the memory to 128mb with no change. The error log reported this error (however the file was unchanged since install)

Cannot redeclare class CBfield_forumstats in /var/www/vhosts/theabma.org/httpdocs/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/cb.simpleboardtab.php on line 76

I've also noticed that the Sychronize Users & Fields Database have the same error under CB Tools.

Any other thoughts?

14 years 9 months ago #101818 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Error 500 while accessing settings
Please ensure you've properly fully upgraded to Cb 1.2.1. As line 76 reads as follows:
[code:1] $choices = array();
[/code:1]

Also ensure no other plugin is trying to declare the same class.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.666 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn