Fields Tab Protect fine tuning

14 years 9 months ago #102864 by ronsta
Fields Tab Protect fine tuning was created by ronsta
Hi,

I am having trouble wih the finer settings of the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect plugin.

My site has two plans.

The way I want it set is:
Plan A gets the Tab on their profile.
Plan B does not get it.

Plan B can view it on Plan A's profile.
Plan A can only view it on their own profile, but nobody else's.

I have read the manual, and based on that plus what I have seen in these forums my current settings are as per picture below

However it is not working 100%.

The controls "For Other Viewers" works correctly, however, no matter what I set under "For Profile Owner Himself" nothing changes.

So what I am getting at the moment is that Plan A gets the tab on their profile, but the owner of the profile (in Plan A) can't see it. <-- this is the problematic part
Members of Plan B (do not get the tab, and) can see the tab in Plan A's profile.

Other threads I have looked at include:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,96958/catid,88/limit,6/limitstart,18/
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,92/id,97382/#97382

Anyone with any ideas?

Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #102876 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
The image you included is for Fields, not tabs. It won't hide, disable, etc tabs. "For Profile Owner Himself" doesn't exist for tab protection params.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #102886 by ronsta
Replied by ronsta on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
Hi Krileon,

The image I included IS for a tab.

The plugin is called CB Subs Filds Tabs protect, so I am not sure why you would say

It won't hide, disable, etc tabs. "For Profile Owner Himself" doesn't exist for tab protection params.

Also the manual refers to Tabs:

This plugin appears from a user interface perspective as extra parameters available in CB Fields management and CB Tabs management areas when editing CB fields and CB Tabs.

By the way, I have the same error when working on a single field or a tab.

I will show the full screen dump below, so you can see I was working on a tab (though I had to break it up to two pieces because of the file limits).

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/23 15:29

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/23 15:52
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #102887 by ronsta
screen dump part 2
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #102940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
Not sure what version of this plugin you have then as I'm using CBSubs 1.0.1 which does not look the same as the one you've presented in your images.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #102966 by ronsta
I have same version. (1.0.1)
Everything is up to date - downloaded and installed in last 2-3 weeks I would say, including Joomla itself.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn