CBSubs Module - Fails HTML Validation

14 years 9 months ago #103546 by whoever
CBSubs Module - Fails HTML Validation was created by whoever
It seems that the CBSubs Module is failing validation because of a div tag within an a tag.

<div class="modcbsubMessage" id="modcbsubregister"><a href="url"><div>Welcome message.</div></a></div>

I was going to edit it out myself but was sorely disappointed to discover that the module (as well as everything else) is encoded with Ioncube. I guess this means that I have to wait until the next release? This isn't too much of a big deal, but it does make it more difficult for me to validate the pages on my site that have the module (which is every one). I can understand the desire for you all to encode the main program files, but does the module really need this? I would prefer to be able to edit it myself.

Also, is there a way for me to search just the CBSubs message board on this site? It seems that when I perform a search, every board is searched.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #103589 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSubs Module - Fails HTML Validation
All good points.

Indeed there is a bug in CBSubs module for your message display.

But If you put html code in the module param in backend, which goes into an a (start the message with a < ) then the module won't add the faulty div: e.g.

[code:1]<span>Your message</span>[/code:1]

So you can fix it today in your CBSubs 1.0.1 :)

Indeed all is encoded in CBSubs 1.0, but we plan to remove encoding from parts where customizations are useful, as soon as the API is stabilized.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn