Upgrades Not Calculating Correctly -Initial Period

14 years 8 months ago #103901 by kenlyle
I have 3 plans,

They all have a setup charge in the first month that's equal to the monthly fee.

So it's:

$100 and then $50 per month.
$200 and then $100 per month.
$500 and then $250 per month.

However, a person on the first plan, who has just registered (is in the first month, therefore, has paid $100) sees, regarding upgrades:

USD 100.00 per month. The first payment of the upgrade for 1 month, taking in account your current subscription, is USD 0.38 instead of USD 100.00.

and

USD 250.00 per month. The first payment of the upgrade for 1 month, taking in account your current subscription, is USD 150.38 instead of USD 250.00.

It seems that the total paid is being compared to the REGULAR monthly cost of the upgraded plans, when, really, the first month cost of the plan should be compared to the first month cost of the upgrade plan.

This is raining on my parade. Hopefully, there's an easy answer, and I am all ears.

Thanks,
Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #103956 by krileon
Was unable to confirm your issue. I believe this is a configuration issue.

Example:
Plan A )
First Time = $0.25
Monthly = $1
Plan B )
First Time = $0.50
Monthly = $50

Subbed to plan A then upgrade to plan B, results in first time being $0.25 as the $0.50 was reduced by the $0.25 from plan A. So it's working fine.

Please check your plans configuration on Pricing tab for Is the first amount and period different: and ensure it is set to Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade or Different first period and price for Upgrade only. This will allow it to take into account first time amount for upgrades.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103971 by kenlyle
Thanks very much. I had always wondered what those options were for :)

The upgrade cost is now accurately calculated as the difference between the "first month" cost of the different programs.

Now that I have set the "Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade", if the customer upgrades AFTER the first month, would the still get charged the "first month" difference? We care, because we have some setup costs that we have to cover.

Can "Different first period and price for Registration and Upgrade" become the default, once the configuration to have a different first month is selected? That seems most logical to me. Please consider it as a Feature Request.

Thanks!
Ken

14 years 8 months ago #103982 by krileon
Yes, upgrade amounts will be considered on monthly payments if they try to say upgrade min-month or just paid for a month and try to upgrade.

No it can not become the default and implementing this to do so will not work as it not everyone uses that type of setup, you will need to set and save it to be that way for the plans you wish to act as such.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #103988 by kenlyle
I had a chat with Beat, and he asked me to put in this FR for consideration.

If not a default, i.e. a programmatic change to the setting, perhaps at least a suggestion should be made, like "Hey, you have different first price per month on this plan, but you aren't calculating it on Registration or Upgrade"

Thanks,
K

14 years 8 months ago #103994 by nant
kenlyle wrote:

I had a chat with Beat, and he asked me to put in this FR for consideration.

If not a default, i.e. a programmatic change to the setting, perhaps at least a suggestion should be made, like "Hey, you have different first price per month on this plan, but you aren't calculating it on Registration or Upgrade"

Thanks,
K

I will also add a better explanation and note in documentation ... for those that actually read it :whistle:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.521 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn