Bug when plan image un-set.

14 years 8 months ago #104463 by mware
Replied by mware on topic Re:Bug when plan image un-set.
Thanks. That's good to know. :-)

There seem to be other problems with Plan Image.

Sometimes when I change the plan image, the change is reflected in the display of the field, and sometimes it isn't. The database table is updated correctly, but the old image displays anyway. (No, it's not a cache problem. The files are named differently and I've cleared the server and browser caches.)

Also, sometimes when copying a plan, the plan image will not display. The database record is correct but the spot where the img tag should be is empty in the html output.

I should mention that all these plans are children of other plans. There is no plan image for the parent. I wonder if that could be affecting things?

I have a large number of plans to manage so workarounds for each of them is going to be a problem. Fortunately, the plan images aren't a show-stopper.

Thanks for listening and for the quick responses.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #104471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug when plan image un-set.
There's no explanation for it displaying the wrong image if cache is cleared and the database value is changed. Did you refresh the page to reload the display? That's the only thing I can think of if it's doing that.

Have not tried copying a plan over, but that too shouldn't have problems as long as the image is set in the plan.

Have you checked the field params for the plan image field and set them accordingly?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104474 by mware
I've cleared cache on both the server and client, as well as using different browsers, accounts, and pcs. It is consistent for the problem plans. Checking the html output, there is nothing in the spot where the image tag should be. That seems to rule out cache problems.

I thought perhaps it was caused by the parent plan having no image and thus "-1" in the field instead of "0" but changing that didn't do anything.

It's very odd, but absolutely reproducible here. I have an instance where one of three copies works and the rest don't.

The field settings are good - otherwise it wouldn't work for the plans that are working. I'm stumped. I expect to be able to work around it by creating the plans from scratch rather than copying them. Ugh ... about 10 of them with many, many individual settings. Oh well. B)

14 years 8 months ago #104477 by mware
Oh ... and another small thing.

Leaving the image size settings blank in the field settings causes the image to disappear in Internet Explorer. The img tag created has height="" and width="". Most browsers ignore this but it causes the image to disappear in IE.

The workaround is to populate the image size fields, but it isn't always desirable to have all plan images scaled to the same size, or to be scaled at all.

Not a big deal for me, but I can imagine a lot of people being confused over why their images aren't showing up in IE.

Post edited by: mware, at: 2009/07/10 22:18

14 years 8 months ago #104486 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug when plan image un-set.
Width and height will now display only if width and height value is added. Same for border instead of just setting border to 0.

A check to see if the image file exists is now added to ensure any mismatched value will not cause in erroneous displays.

Should be available for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104487 by mware
What took you so long?? B)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn