Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page

14 years 9 months ago #104692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page
Phantom.Knight wrote:

Hi, yes it happens with default JA_Purity trmplate too. However it doesnt happen with rhuk_milkyway

unfortunately my template is based on JA_Purity. I chose this as a base template because it has less tables and more css friendly.

Any suggestions? Do you think it's a css problem?

Thanks.

If working on 1 template and not another then yes it's likely a CSS problem. I am unable to duplicate it though. So I suggest inspecting your site with firebug for firefox to determine what css is causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104762 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page
Will do, if I find out I ll let you know.

Thanks

14 years 9 months ago #104850 by Phantom.Knight
Replied by Phantom.Knight on topic Re:Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page
Is it possible to divide the CB forms into sections (pages)? This way I could avoid having too many fields in one page. This would be very useful.

For example is it possible to divide one large form into 3 small forms (pages) as step1, click next step2 click next final step...

Another thing is I cant find a way to insert headers between form fields to categorise fields into sections. As i mentioned I have over 70 fields per subscription, the form looks too long. To make it more user friendly I want to add headers between related form fields.

thanks for all the help

14 years 9 months ago #104852 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page
You can't make separate pages out of the box, but you can organize fields in different 'tabs'. Then, instead of tabs, you can use raw html or any other positioning provided in the tab manager. Try playing with the different options there.
:)

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 9 months ago #104870 by Phantom.Knight
Are you talking about the edit profile tabs after the user registers. I was refering to the initial form where users signup for the first time. Do tabs have any affect in the initial registration form? That would be fantastic...

Post edited by: Phantom.Knight, at: 2009/07/14 16:59

14 years 9 months ago #104910 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Bug: Massive gap at the bottom of the page
Phantom.Knight wrote:

Are you talking about the edit profile tabs after the user registers. I was refering to the initial form where users signup for the first time. Do tabs have any affect in the initial registration form? That would be fantastic...

Post edited by: Phantom.Knight, at: 2009/07/14 16:59

Tabs do not affect registration, but you can alter the CB template files to change display of registration form or use JS. Additionally for advanced users a clever usage of a CB plugin and some JS can re-organize the registration page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.426 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn