Subscription not updated on eCheck clearing

14 years 8 months ago #108142 by Talal
Hi Guys,

CB1.2
CBSubs 1.0.1

Any update on the eCheque issue ?

I have another (similar ?) possible bug.

This time, the user did not pay with an echeque but with his paypal account. However, paypal flagged the transaction to review and cleared it few days later.

It seems to be related to the echeque bug.

CBsubs received all 3 events ok:
- insert on 13/08
- update to pending on 13/08
- update to completed on 14/08 (when paypal cleared the payment)

Unfortunately CBSubs did not update the corresponding user's subscription.

1) Can you confirm it is a bug ?
2) How can I manually associate this payment to the user's subscription ?

Thank You
Talal.

The event were received
Follow are some log from CBSubs:

# Event time Event type Message Table affected Table Key Change Username Full name IP Address Log Priority Id
1 08/14/2009 12:00:50 Change log Updating payment basket status: Completed because of event received: web... Payment baskets XXX update System - 66.211.170.66 Info xxx
2 08/13/2009 11:52:32 Change log Updating payment basket status: Pending because of event received: web_a... Payment baskets XXX update System - 66.211.170.66 Info xxx
3 08/13/2009 11:47:48 Change log Store payment basket Payment baskets XXX insert xxx@xxx.com xxx xxx Info xxx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108182 by krileon
Please update to CBSubs 1.0.2 and confirm if resolved or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108208 by Talal
Unfortunately I can't just upgrade and take a gamble!

I've been asking for release notes for the new version 1.0.2 for weeks now, and still no answers.

These 2 issues will not "magically" be fixed if developers have not worked on them, hence my persisting requests for either:

1) a confirmation of a bug (which means someone has a look at the code) and a fix release
or
2) the phantom release notes (there might be a fix related to that bug in which case the upgrade has to be planed, tested and implemented)

I would appreciate a reply from development rather than the standard answer of "upgrade of let us know" for the sake of statistics...

Regards,
Talal.

14 years 8 months ago #108214 by Rapunzl
Upgrading is not gambling. Upgrades fix known issues found in previous versions.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 8 months ago #108216 by Talal
"Upgrading is not gambling. Upgrades fix known issues found in previous versions." and create new ones.

I don't understand how this is happening: you don't upgrade to a new version without knowing what has been fixed, added, changed, etc... (a release notes is not a search on the forums for "known and fixed issues found in previous versions").

That is how you evaluate pros/cons of upgrading, as well as testing the new features/fixes/changes to make sure it will not impact your production system.

This very frustrating. I understand that you guys are in the open source frame of mind for CB and volunteer to help people having problems on this forums. Thank You.

But this is a paid for product(we're not $10 or $20 here) that I'm having problems with on a production system. I don't expect answers like these.

I think the dev team does not work on WE, so hopefully Beat/Dev will get me an answer on that one tomorrow.

14 years 8 months ago #108276 by krileon
I am part of the development team and I do work partially on weekend. Again, upgrade to see if resolved.

We do not have release notes at this time as time is strapped, we don't have time to write a massive article on every little thing changed. A lot gets changed, a lot fixed, a lot improved.

If you have problems with CBSubs 1.0.2, you let us know and we fix it, and if it's production stopping then you revert to CBSubs 1.0.1 and let us know and we'll fix it then as well.

CBSubs updates a users subscription based on IPN sent from paypal, ensure your paypal account is configured properly so when paypal does send these notices to CBSubs it will update users properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn