[SOLVED] problems with Email and SQL plugins

14 years 8 months ago #104426 by amazeika
Hi,

Well, let's start with the Email part. I'm asking the plugin to send an email to my autoresponder. This is the config I have for the plugin:

From Name: [name]
From Address: [email]

To: autoresponder@address.com?tra=CBSUBS
CC: a copy to a personal email address
Subject: plain
Body: Some text

The first two are to simulate a mail subscription coming from the user himself. I'm using CB Field tags as apparently they are allowed here.

The tra stuff after the autoresponder address is a tracking tag in order to know that this subscription came from CBSubs. The rest is just not important.

I'm not getting any of those two emails that supposed to be sent after the subscription is activated.

Regarding the SQL part, I trying to call a MySQL stored procedure that I coded in order to integrate CBSubs and PhpBB3. The stored procedure works perfectly, SQL privileges are OK. The plugin is not executing the SQL statements. This is what I have under SQL actions:

SQL action 1 on ACTIVATION (WARNING: use only integer substitutions): CALL grantPhpbbGroupAccess(7,[user_id])

SQL action 1 on DEACTIVATION (WARNING: use only integer substitutions): CALL denyPhpbbGroupAccess(7,[user_id])

7 is the PhpBB3 group id, while [user_id] should provide the JUser id.

If I manually call the procedure from the mysql terminal, when looging in as Joomla's SQL user, the necessary entry in PhpBB3 is created/eliminated.

Like I said, there are no bugs in the procedures, CBSubs is just not making the call.

Thank you,

Arunas

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/14 14:43

Arunas Mazeika
WeXtend.com - Professional development for Joomla!.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #104440 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:problems with Email and SQL plugins
Again, as posted multiple times. It is a known issue e-mail integration plugin is not functioning properly. This will be fixed in Cb 1.0.2 to be released very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Regarding the SQL plugin, I have yet to try something such as:
CALL grantPhpbbGroupAccess(7,[user_id])

Where is this function stored?

Have you tried:
CALL grantPhpbbGroupAccess( 7, [user_id] );
OR
CALL grantPhpbbGroupAccess( 7, [cb:userdata field="user_id" /] )
OR
CALL grantPhpbbGroupAccess( 7, [cb:userdata field="user_id" /] );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104456 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:problems with Email and SQL plugins
Well I tried all the possibilities you proposed and nothing. The ; is not necessary if you are using a Joomla DBO object. I even fixed the user_id (to an integer) pointing to an already existing user, so it's not a parse problem.

SQL stored procedures are stored in databases, so they are stored and available in the Joomla DB.

Do you perform some sort of filtering before executing the query ?. There is nothing mysterious about that SQL statement. If you do not filter the input and execute the query, it should work.

Have you tried calling stored procedures in the past ?.

I hate not being able to see your code and be able to debug this on my own :unsure: .

I'm planning to post the entire procedure for the integration between CBSubs and PhpBB3 once I get this solved. Perhaps you'll make it a sticky one B) .

Arunas

Arunas

Post edited by: amazeika, at: 2009/07/10 20:37

Post edited by: amazeika, at: 2009/07/10 20:39

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #104457 by krileon
I have yet to try stored SQL procedures. I'll investigate this further and report back my results.

*Update*
Doesn't appear phpmyadmin allows stored procedures. Have you tried just putting the query inside the query window?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/10 20:50

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #104462 by amazeika
Replied by amazeika on topic Re:problems with Email and SQL plugins

Doesn't appear phpMyAdmin allows stored procedures

You cannot create stored procedures from phpMyAdmin. You can certainly execute them. Just keep in mind that phpMyAdmin is only an administration tool, nothing more. Stored procedures are available on all MySQL servers from version 5.0 and above.

You will need to create them directly from the mysql console.

Have you tried just putting the query inside the query window?

I don't know what you mean, could you rephrase please ?.

Thank you.

Arunas Mazeika

14 years 8 months ago #104472 by krileon
amazeika wrote:

I don't know what you mean, could you rephrase please ?.

Putting the query in SQL action 1 on ACTIVATION (WARNING: use only integer substitutions), etc.. instead of calling a procedure.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn