Getting asked to register in the BACKEND!

14 years 7 months ago #106744 by carlosleon0615
Getting asked to register in the BACKEND! was created by carlosleon0615
Hi,

I'm using CBSubs to restrict access to the hwdvideoshare extension. While in the backend, when I click on the "Re-generate Playlist" button of hwdvideoshare (which is supposed to update some xml files having the list of most viewed/popular/favored videos), I get the "Registration" page embeded in the backend asking me to purchase a subscription plan!! See screenshot.
(And the playlists are not re-generated)

I was trying to re-generate hwdvideoshare's playlists using the button because I noticed the playlists where not being re-generated automatically. Other users of hwdvideoshare don't seem to have the problem and now I'm wondering whether I have the problem because I'm using CBSubs!

Something that might be helpful:
Some days ago this was not happening and I was able to click on hwdvideoshare's "Re-generate playlists" without this problem. There are 2 things I can think of that changed since then:
1. I upgraded Joomla from 1.5.12 to 1.5.14
2. I just noticed in the History Logs, that TODAY (which is when I noticed the problem) there was an entry precisely about my superadmin account saying:
"User subscription deactivated with status Expired"

Field, Old value, New value
previous_expiry_date, [empty], 2009-07-30 22:58:26
previous_status, R, A
status, A, X

Note: I had never created a subscription for my super admin account, so, why would there be an entry in the history log about my superadmin's subscription being expired?

Additional Info:
CBSubs -> Settings -> Global -> Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions) = NO
CBSubs -> Settings -> Integration -> Content/Extension -> Full Access granted for = Administrator

Each of my plans -> Integrations -> Extensions -> By Component -> hwdvideoshare

Please HELP!

Carlos
P.S. Using Joomla 1.5.14, CB 1.2.1 and CBSubs 1.0.1.
Upgrading to CBSubs 1.0.2 is not possible as I had to downgrade to CBSubs 1.0.1 due the following bug in CBSubs 1.0.2:
HUGE ISSUE: Account & Subscription NOT Activated!

Post edited by: carlosleon0615, at: 2009/08/02 17:22
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #106772 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Getting asked to register in the BACKEND!
Seams like possibly a flaw with the component. It's using frontend code to handle the backend, which is NOT a good design. The developers should develop code independent of the frontend.

Was not able to duplicate on any of the multiple components installed. Additionally subscriptions should not affect you as you're a super admin. So this could be a component conflict. Have you tried a fresh install? Joomla, CB, CBSubs, your component and seeing if issue is duplicated?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #106782 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Getting asked to register in the BACKEND!

The developers should develop code independent of the frontend.

I couldn't agree more.

Have you tried a fresh install? Joomla, CB, CBSubs, your component and seeing if issue is duplicated?

My site is currently live, I can't really afford reinstalling Joomla and everything I've got.
I recently uninstalled CBSubs 1.0.2 and re-installed CBSubs 1.0.1. So, I don't know if uninstalling/reinstalling once again would make a difference.

Is there a way the developers can take a look at this as this seems pretty serious?

Thanks krileon for your prompt reply as usual.

Carlos

14 years 7 months ago #106819 by krileon
There isn't much we can do about this. Checks are in place already to ensure the code is executed from frontend and not backend, but when the code is implemented into a component to run frontend code from backend then CBSubs of course will do its thing.

However, it does not explain it triggering for you as you are a super admin. Does it do this for other super admins or a specific account?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #106897 by carlosleon0615
Replied by carlosleon0615 on topic Re:Getting asked to register in the BACKEND!
krileon wrote:

There isn't much we can do about this.

That's dissapointing. I certainly would expect CBSubs work with any extension unless explicitly stated otherwise. Hopefully by my site exhibiting this issue, the developers will be willing to get to the bottom of this issue.

However, it does not explain it triggering for you as you are a super admin. Does it do this for other super admins or a specific account?

I created another super admin account and it is currently working on that one. So, apparently it's only with that one specific account (the default superadmin, user id 62). This leads me to believe that it might not be a conflict between the hwdvideoshare component and CBSubs, but maybe because of the "message" I mentioned that I noticed in the History Logs:
"User subscription deactivated with status Expired" (this was referring to my superadmin account, user id 62)

Would the developers know if the fact that this message was logged has anything to do with the cause of the issue (being asked to subscribe in the backend)?
If so, any idea on what could have triggered that message? (this is, maybe if we find what caused that message to be logged, we'll find the root cause of the problem and the solution)

Regards,

Carlos

14 years 7 months ago #106916 by krileon
You may want to inspect your database if this is the case. It looks like something went wrong with a plan. Did you delete a plan or subscription by chance? Have you tried deleting all information pertaining to this users plans/subscriptions?

I just re-read your post and you mention:
[code:1]
CBSubs -> Settings -> Integration -> Content/Extension -> Full Access granted for = Administrator
[/code:1]

Did you make sure to select Administrato AND Super Administrator? It doesn't auto assign to higher up access. You need to hold ctrl and multi-select all usertypes that ignore protection. This could be the problem. B)

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn