Email: Paid subscriptions plugin license problem

14 years 7 months ago #108892 by carlosleon0615
Email: Paid subscriptions plugin license problem was created by carlosleon0615
Hi,

This is the 2nd time I've received the following email and was wondering what it means:
Subject: Paid subscriptions plugin license problem

On site EveryoneCanSalsa.com (www.everyonecansalsa.com) there is a paid subscriptions license message:

License server could not be reached. Please check that you have Internet connection (connectivity, firewall settings) or try again in half hour. Error:

Please log into administrator area and check the plugin settings.

When I go to the backend, the license seems active.
I have 2 questions:
1. What does this error mean?
2. When that error happens, will this prevent my current subscribers from accessing the protected areas of my site?

Thanks,

Carlos
P.S. Using Joomla 1.5.14
PHP 5.2.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #108896 by beat
1. Error means the high-availability redundant license server for the floating CBSubs licensing couldn't be reached from your server. No reason to act, unless it comes repeatedly, in which case it could be a firewall issue.

2. No, your current and new users can use the system and won't see that error.

Please see my replies in the pages of this thread for more details:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38%3E/func,view/catid,88/id,108895/#108895

btw CBSubs 1.0.2 has improvements in that part, so if you upgrade to CBSubs 1.0.2 you might not see these email(s) anymore.

If you have details of the date/time/timezone of the 2 emails, you can pm them to me (click icon bottom left of this post for that), and I can check the logs to see what happened exactly.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn