[#6920] CB Gallery page never finishes loading

6 years 4 months ago #300235 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE

So that plugin probably causes the problem. Could you recommend us any other plugin to compress and reduce size images?

Just set your gallery settings accordingly for maximum sizes and let CB Gallery handle it. If you want better image compression and performance contact your host regarding getting ImageMagick installed and use it.

When you open a photo in CB GALLERY and click on the arrow to the next image it takes some time to load it, is there anyway to speed up it?

It's because you have very large fullsize images uploaded. Adjust the maximum size parameters within CB Gallery so future uploads aren't so large to improve performance.

Please tell us more about what causes the problem please, the only thing we did in joomla was installed that plugin www.imagerecycle.com . Now it is desactivated, so we can not use it?

You don't have to do anything more. The issue has already been fixed. You can continue using that plugin if you want to. It's entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300247 by mboaria
Replied by mboaria on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE
Hi! Please tell me what maximum size parameters do you have because in DEMO page each image loads faster, so I will change it. My configuration is: prntscr.com/hnksxn

Thanks

6 years 4 months ago #300277 by krileon
Our demo site provides full backend and frontend access. Login to backend on our demo site by clicking "Administrator" under the "Login As" header. You can then review its CB Gallery configuration directly and compare to yours.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300280 by mboaria
Ok I have checked and let the same configuration but when you open a photo and click on arrow to the next one is so so slow .... Sometimes it takes more than 5 seconds to load each photo! ... Please we need to solve this because users leave the page after view the first image, we need that passing photos be faster. Is there anything we can do? something like facebook that preview all images and load faster?

I optimize all image with the plugin IMAGERECYCLER so all images have a good size. Help us please. Thanks a lot.

6 years 4 months ago #300292 by krileon
I don't know what more to suggest, sorry. Your site appears to have performance issues in general. The HTTP requests alone for your home page take over 20s. Your activity stream takes over 40s. Consider using caching extensions like JCH Optimizer to try and optimize the headers and use lazy loading for images. Could simply be your hosting package isn't enough to handle what you're asking of it and may need to upgrade to a better hosting package.

I did notice there was a double HTTP request when using the navigation and am fixing that, but that'll only get you maybe a couple millisecond performance boost. Once the modal window loads it attempts to load the image so that's 2 HTTP calls as well. Need to see if I can output the image without doing another HTTP request, but it's unlikely. This isn't likely to give you much of a boost though since your site seams to suffer from performance issues in general.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #300316 by mboaria
Ok I understand. I'm going to talk with my hosting provider. Please let me know when you fix that and if you can improve loading in modal window where is the most important problem for us. We are going to contact the developer of our template to improve the performance in general. Thank you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn