[#6920] CB Gallery page never finishes loading

6 years 3 months ago #300693 by mboaria
Hi Kyle! Happy New year!!!!

We have paid to a developer in order to speed up our website, you can check this report: gtmetrix.com/reports/maiten.com/7DUkgOYM , however the modal window images in cbgallery is still too slow and we have test it with BEEZ DEFAULT template but is the same thing. The developer could not speed up that modal window passing images, we are really dissapointed because we renew the membership to update all plugins but we do not gain speed it up. I just want that my users view the images instantly, faster, without wait three or four seconds until the image appears, my boss is very annoying ... community builder works perfect in general and we really like it, but CB Gallery modal window is not working as we expected or as you can see in other social media systems.

If you tell me what options we have to fix it I can tell to the developer, I hope you discuss this with your team in order to find a solution. Thank you very much for your great support.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #300703 by krileon
There's nothing more I can do for you. The gallery modal window is working as efficiently as it can. As explained earlier you may need better hardware for what you're trying to do. I've already completely profiled the entire CB Gallery code chain for rendering the modal and it's not going to get any faster at this time. Be sure you're on PHP 7.1 and your hosting package has the appropriate hardware to provide the speed you're wanting as you maybe bottlenecking at the CPU or Memory of your current hosting package.

Reviewing the response headers of your site it looks like you're on PHP 5.6, which is going to be significantly slower than PHP 7.1 (do not use PHP 7.2 as we've yet to test CB on PHP 7.2 and fix known compatibility issues).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300721 by krileon
Made some additional minor improvements to file chunking behavior on output in latest build, but it's only likely to improve performance by a few milliseconds. You will see a much more significant performance increase by switching to PHP 7.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300769 by mboaria
Hi Kyle,

Ok, I'm going to talk with my IT manager in order to migrate to php 7.1. We have done that some days ago but we got some template errors, so I need to talk with template developer.

I'll be in touch with you when we migrate to php 7.1. Thanks for your support.

6 years 3 months ago #300905 by mboaria
Hi! I have received an aswer from developer: "I checked it, When i try to optimize it it's conflict some javascript i don't understand how i solve the 3rd party script :( "

6 years 3 months ago #300909 by krileon
PHP 7.1 has nothing to do with Javascript. No idea what your developer is trying to optimize.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn