[#6920] CB Gallery page never finishes loading

6 years 4 months ago #300318 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE
The double HTTP call when navigating modal windows is already fixed. There's no further improvements that I can make in CB Gallery it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300457 by mboaria
Replied by mboaria on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE
Ok Krileon thanks! ... However, the passing photos on gallery modal window continues loading too slow! ... In your demo also takes seconds after you make click on next arrow, appears PRELOADER and after it show the next photo but the total time is more than 3 seconds in some photos. I suggest that it should be faster, or for example that all images shows like a preview and not in slideshow because it is too slow.

Is there any schedule of a full improvement of CB GALLERY related to passing images on modal window?

The people leave the page after see two or three photos because takes to much time. It would be nice to have a solution for this. Thanks

6 years 4 months ago #300460 by krileon
There isn't really anything more that can be done than probably preloading behaviors, which have added a feature ticket to look into. I've no idea why photo loading is so slow on your site, but your site in general for me is slow which could be due to something else installed or purely due to server hardware (you may need better hosting to gain more performance). If you're not using PHP 7 you're also losing performance there as well since PHP 7 offers significant performance improvements. The photos can not be directly loaded in since PHP side access checks are needed so direct access can't be used as a means of further performance gains either.

Is there any schedule of a full improvement of CB GALLERY related to passing images on modal window?

We are of course always making performance improvements were possible. Will review the possibility of background loading the next and previous photos after opening a photo, which will put it into browser cache making it load nearly instantly.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6932

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300461 by mboaria
Ok Krileon I will talk with my hosting provider to change PHP version. Thanks for evaluate the Feature proposal #6932.

Kind regards,

Felipe

6 years 4 months ago #300462 by krileon
Latest CB Gallery build now released has the preloading functionality. Suggest updating and seeing if that helps a little. I'm not sure what else to do at this point though as the headers for the image output are already as optimized as they can get for now unless there's some techniques am just not aware of.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

6 years 4 months ago #300468 by mboaria
Hi! I have update all plugins but I do not see that functionality. Where can I see it? I need to configure something in CB GALLERY?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.526 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn