[#6920] CB Gallery page never finishes loading

6 years 4 months ago #300469 by mboaria
Replied by mboaria on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE
Now in your demo the window modal gallery is faster!!! How did you get that? I like two or three seconds faster than some days ago! =) ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 4 months ago #300477 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB GALLERY CAUSES SLOW PAGE

Hi! I have update all plugins but I do not see that functionality. Where can I see it? I need to configure something in CB GALLERY?

There's nothing to enable. The preloading behavior is just built into it.

Now in your demo the window modal gallery is faster!!! How did you get that? I like two or three seconds faster than some days ago! =) ...

It's because it requests the image src and the modal window contents at the same time. This is the preloading behavior implemented in latest build. CB Gallery also of course leverages browser cache. Once the image src has loaded the browser will cache it and load from disk cache instead of requesting it again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300510 by mboaria
Hi! I have too much troubles with managers because CB Gallery modal window is too slow =(.... I do not know .... Is there anything else that you can do to make it faster? I mean, it would be great that it works like a gallery not like a slideshow. For example something like this:

www.ignitegallery.com/component-demo/thumbs-at-bottom-gallery#!ladybug
www.superjoom.com/products/sj-fancy-photo-gallery.html#demo
joombig.com/demo-extension/285-demo-joombig-gallery-images

Do you think there is any chance try to change that modal window in order to have the image and below thumbnails? I think it would be great and will load the image instantly. Thanks and I hope that you can evaluate this, for us is so important to solve this.

Kind regards,

Felipe

6 years 4 months ago #300512 by krileon

Is there anything else that you can do to make it faster?

At this time, no. However we're always improving our code to be more optimized as often as possible.

Do you think there is any chance try to change that modal window in order to have the image and below thumbnails?

No, and it wouldn't improve your performance either. The images still have to be loaded, which on your site specifically is slow which means the issue is very likely isolated specifically to your site.

I think it would be great and will load the image instantly.

The HTTP request is loading instantly. Your site is just extremely slow sending the image. I'm guessing you're not using PHP7 and/or your host is inadequate for what you're trying to do. Could also just be something installed slowing things down. There are access and permission checks that have to be made so the images can not be accessed directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300522 by mboaria
Ok I understand. Could you help us with optimization of our website in general? what is the cost?

6 years 4 months ago #300526 by krileon

Could you help us with optimization of our website in general?

We do not provide such a service here, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn