Bilingual Sites???

14 years 2 months ago #122720 by Louse
Bilingual Sites??? was created by Louse
I am utterly confused, I have read all there is on the forum in the CB SUBS DOCUMENTATION and anywhere else, in fact I have spent best part of 16hours now trying to avoid posting this topic for fear that it has been covered elsewhere (how gutted will I feel if it has!), but I still can't answer a very simple question.

I have a bilingual site, I need to be able to supply core frontend CB in English( en-GB ) and Welsh( cy-GB ) - how do I do that?

I have already translated every other extension and plugin on my site - it was very easy, just go to the language file of the site and translate the docs (then upload these files to the extensions websites for others to share), but CB seems to be the only one which is different and I can't even tell if it is actually possible to supply CB in two languages???

I know that the default_language file is the one which supplies the language, is it possible to set another language which is then automatically selected when the joomfish language selector is changed to this? If so do I replace the whole default language folder and add a parallel one called 'cymraeg' or'cy-GB'. Or do I just add copies of the default files (default_language.php & default_language.xml).

Of course, I will be very happy to post the language file back here so the whole community can share but a nudge in the right direction would be really helpful pls.

Forgot to mention, J1.5.15/CB1.2.1

Post edited by: Louse, at: 2010/01/25 15:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #122722 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Bilingual Sites???
Look in the directory tab for CB language files. If Welsh doesn't exist, you'd have to make a language file, using the default language file as a template.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 2 months ago #122732 by Louse
Replied by Louse on topic Re:Bilingual Sites???
Marvellous, many thanks, will read and digest and get back to you real soon.

14 years 1 month ago #125022 by gcassanelli
Replied by gcassanelli on topic Re:Bilingual Sites???
HI, sorry for intrusion... but I have same problem and more: before download/install on a production site i'd like to solve a key problem.

I need to let some users edit/publish/delete contents from frontend, in controlled sections/categories.
This, I suppose, is the work of CB, WELL.

BUT the site is multilingual (Joomfish installed and working) so in frontend users have to edit AND translate, but Joomfish work in backend.

So please, is CB + CB-plugin my solutions ????

Thanks a lot

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Cassanelli
LAB.UD.COM srl
Bologna Italy
www.lab-ud.com

14 years 1 month ago #125061 by Louse
Replied by Louse on topic Re:Bilingual Sites???
Giuseppe,

You can edit any language articles from front end using Joomfish, just select the language you want to edit in the language selector and click the edit symbol and you will be editing the translation, not the original language.

Just a quick update, had the translations back and will be able to post welsh language very soon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn