[SOLVED] auto join groep after login

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #223561 by masterscot
[SOLVED] auto join groep after login was created by masterscot
Hi,

I know this is asked and answered here before, but the answeres didn't help me much.
The plugin groupjiveauto is installed.
There is a custom drop-down-single-select field which must be filled in at registration.
On basis of that field the user must be joined in a group at login.

I have added an autojoin field in Field management, mode=auto and selected all fields and categories.
Made an auto (onAfterlogin), but I am confused about what to fill in for the 'User' configuration (Automatic, manual, etc) and where to select the value of the field the user selects at registering. Is that the 'conditional' part in the auto config? If so, what field name should I use? The exact string?

Hope this makes any sense.

Thanks
MS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #223617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic auto join groep after login
Please provide a screenshot of your GJ Auto configuration. If you don't understand a parameter then leave it as default. The descriptions to the right of each parameter describe what each parameter does. User parameter often should be left as is. You can find a tutorial below about creating a group using the GJ Auto integration and it can get you started in understanding how to get a basic configuration going.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18331-on-the-fly-creation-of-groups-based-on-registration-data

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 weeks ago #223675 by masterscot
Replied by masterscot on topic auto join groep after login
Here is the screenshot.
What I am trying to do is that after a registration or login
a user is joined in a group, based on a custom field he or she
filled in during registration.
The custom field is called [cb_ikben] and is a drop-down-single-select with a bunch of choices.

Attachments:

11 years 3 weeks ago #223727 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic auto join groep after login
Your conditional is invalid. It's literally trying to match the left string against the right string as it's not a valid substitution and will always fail. Please ensure to surround your substitutions with [] brackets (e.g. [cb_ikben]).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: masterscot

11 years 3 weeks ago #223745 by masterscot
Replied by masterscot on topic auto join groep after login
Yep, that did the trick..Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn