GroupJive 1.8 beta 1, and now 2 and 3, Released

14 years 7 months ago #109221 by ckayfish
ComposerRyan wrote:

More to add to this:

-There is not forum link appearing underneath's the groups page. So, there is no way to even access the forum.

-Also, I noticed that when I create a group and it also creates the forum, it is not properly setting the Public Access Level in the Kunena forum administration. Shouldn't it be set to "Registered" or something? That way, the forum is visible in the category.

NOTE: I want to be able to have all of my groups forum visible on the frontpage of my kunena forum...that way, people can see all of the group's forums. But, they should not be able to access and post in these forums unless they are already a part of that group.

Re. No link on your group page. Have you implimented this fix forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/show/1231 and/or confirmed you have a table called _gj_jb?

For your other item(s), the permissions are set the way they are by design. The current implimentation is intended to allow access to the group forums only from the group page. I realize this isn't what you want

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #109385 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:GroupJive 1.8 beta 1, and now 2 and 3, Released
Thanks, that did the trick!

Is there any other template to use besides the one provided? It seems that the "Group Forums" link should be a main link that is larger and much more than it is presently. What do you think?

14 years 7 months ago #109522 by ComposerRyan
Replied by ComposerRyan on topic Re:GroupJive 1.8 beta 1, and now 2 and 3, Released
I have taken the time to reformat and "redesign" the default template. I think you guys should really consider this format for your future groupjive releases! Please take a look!

You can download the zip file and see screenshots here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,36/id,109521/#109521

Thanks and feel free to edit/modify the template if you decide to use it for future groupjive releases.

14 years 7 months ago #109531 by schmatzler
This is really GOOD! :) Especially the admin functions that are hidden when you're not an admin and all group functions bundled on the mainpage.

I'll use that now for my site. B)

14 years 6 months ago #114403 by alliedantennas
Replied by alliedantennas on topic Re:GroupJive 1.8 beta 1, and now 2 and 3, Released
I like it very much. It is much easier to set up. I';ll definately use it for my site.

Thanks again.

14 years 4 months ago #118411 by ErnestoC
Hello,

I want to know if this GroupJive will have integration with eventlist soon...
Thanks for your help!

Ernesto

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn