Hi - Would Like Clarification, Please?

13 years 9 months ago #136108 by Hepcmo
Please forgive me if this sounds totally stupid. I'm a real novice at this, though I've been playing with CB for a while now (Guess my real job keeps me from placing focused attention on this ). Anyway, I'm confused on what Groupjive actually offers.

I set up everything according to the installation package (groups, categories, etc), but when I go to the groups, all I'm able to do is put up bulletin messages. There's no connection link to Kuenena, and the groups are just designations to another area. So my questions is this:

Is groupjive supposed to be used solely as a gathering of like-minded people to send bulletins to? Are people just creating group bulletins/emails communities, or is there supposed to be more that I'm missing? Are the creators of the groups able to allow exchange with the members of their groups?

I guess when I saw communities, I thought that each person creating communities would have their own 'mini-forum' of sorts. I've been trying to find more info, but there doesn't seem to be a tutorial.

Finally, is there a site somewhere I can see groupjive in action, with maybe some info on how it was done?

Thanks for listening to someone who really isn't a computer person, but just winging it!
Hepcmo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #136176 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Hi - Would Like Clarification, Please?
Kunena is integrated into GJ 2.0, but you need to configure the this within GJ configuration. You'll need to specify a forum where the groups boards will be stored at. You'll also need the CB GJ plugin published and public for the forums to properly grant access.

Currently GJ 1.8 is rather limited due to lacking of an API so is not easily extended. GJ 2.0 however (still in development) is a complete rewrite featuring an API among many other improvements. The best I can provide as far as what groups are to provide is they're meant to be used in the same manner Facebook groups or myspace groups, etc.. are used.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/06/21 16:22

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn