[SOLVED] how to link directly to ones own group

13 years 5 months ago #144709 by nrdgalor
i want to create a menu link that takes you to ones own group instead of the category listing and then clicking on the group. is this available. i've looked in the forum and googled, but can't seem to find how to do this?

thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/29 15:02

Jc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to link directly to ones own group
As long as you're passing the appropriate groupid then sure you can go directly to a group. Best approach is to go to a group and copy its URL then paste it where you want it. Is the tab provided by the CB plugin not sufficient?

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/25 17:55

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144872 by nrdgalor
Replied by nrdgalor on topic Re:how to link directly to ones own group
i understand what you suggested, but my setup has a menu that points to the GJ show cat link. this opens the page to the group list that the user can see. then i click on the link to go into the group.

i would like to take it one step further and in a menu link have it go directly to the users group based on their access. i will have multiple users logon to the site and i can't make a new link for each one to go directly to the group they are in. the menu has to be dynamic so that anyone that has a group will go directly to the page and not a cat list or group list.

as for the tab, it's fine for when your in the profile, but not from a menu standpoint.

thanks

Jc

13 years 5 months ago #144892 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:how to link directly to ones own group
What you're wanting would take a custom module to be developed. This can't be done by Joomlas module or menu system.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #145038 by nrdgalor
Replied by nrdgalor on topic Re:how to link directly to ones own group
understood, thanks again for the prompt support. i will turn to that solution.

Jc

13 years 5 months ago #145233 by andrewconno
Replied by andrewconno on topic Re:[SOLVED] how to link directly to ones own group
thanks i have the same problem

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn