Groupjive 1.8 + Kunena 1.5

13 years 3 months ago #149113 by inspireddevelopment
Groupjive 1.8 + Kunena 1.5 was created by inspireddevelopment
Sorry about this but i'm reallys truggling to get these wokring, i've scrapped by site and started fresh with CB 1.2, GJ 1.8 and Kunena 1.5 and it jsut wont auto create forums for groups.

Is there an CB Admin or Moderator i could trust to take a look at my setup - they're the only things installed so it should be very straight forward but a clean install was my last option and it jsut wont auto create a forum for a group.

I've also taken the steps suggested at:
www.kunena.org/forum/9-extensions-modules-and-plugins/27248-kunea--groupjive--new-forum

And have run the query suggested to create the database, but still nothing...

I know this isnt covered by my subscription, i just dont know anyone else i could trust online to ask..

Thanks for any help - Ant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #149122 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Groupjive 1.8 + Kunena 1.5
GJ 1.8.x does not support Kunena 1.5.x or Kunena 1.6.x where the database prefix was changed from fb_ to kunena_. GJ 2.0 will support all releases of Kunena. You're free to upgrade GJ 1.8.x or propose patch fixes to function with Kunena 1.5.x and/or Kunena 1.6.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149125 by inspireddevelopment
Replied by inspireddevelopment on topic Re:Groupjive 1.8 + Kunena 1.5
Thanks for your reply, so basically there isnt actually a current working version of GJ and Kunena?

"Feel free to upgrade 1.8.x" - i didnt think 2.0 was out for a while?

What was the last working versions of these components? Everythign i can find references 1.8 Beta 4, but isnt that excluded by your omission of 1.8.x ?

13 years 3 months ago #149127 by krileon

"Feel free to upgrade 1.8.x" - i didnt think 2.0 was out for a while?

2.0 isn't out yet. What I meant by that is feel free to upgrade 1.8.x to support Kunenas database change. The database change wasn't supposed to happen until 1.6.x, but was prematurely added in a 1.5.x release.

What was the last working versions of these components? Everythign i can find references 1.8 Beta 4, but isnt that excluded by your omission of 1.8.x ?

You'll need Kunena 1.4.x to work with GJ 1.8.x or you'll need to fix 1.8.x to work with later releases. I believe an early release of 1.5.x may still work if it still uses the old database structure of fb_ instead of kunena_.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #149135 by inspireddevelopment
Replied by inspireddevelopment on topic Re:Groupjive 1.8 + Kunena 1.5
You are correct my good man! I finally have it working, i must admit i was beginning to think it was a bit of a myth...

If anyone is reading this having found this post -

Kunena 1.5.13 (should be half way down the Kunena homepage)

CB 1.2 (havent tested 1.3)

GJ 1.8 Beta 5, avaliable from the joomlapolis forge.

This is the last stable build i can find. I will be testing CB 1.3 and will report back on status.

If forums fail to create, see this bug -
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/show/1231
And run the query in phpmyadmin.

13 years 3 months ago #149137 by krileon

This is the last stable build i can find. I will be testing CB 1.3 and will report back on status.

Please do as would be interested in results. There is a known bug with CB 1.3 usage, but have already provided a fix in the following thread.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,147971/catid,106/

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn