[SOLVED] Menu access control not working

14 years 8 months ago #108249 by carina
Hi,

I have four plans. Before upgrading I had access to a certain menu for only one of them. Only visible on front page for the one, say A, but not for B, C and D.

The settings are exactly the same now, but they all have the menu item visible and accessible.

Settings are in Integrations/By Menu. The menu it concerns are highligted.

Any ideas where it may have failed?

Thanks,

C

Running on Joomla 1.5.11. All other plugins and modules are upgraded as well.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/20 14:18

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #108286 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Menu access control not working
Could you please elaborate more? You have menus protected by plans and previously those menu items were hidden when you did not have the plan. Now with CBSubs 1.0.2 those menu items are visible, but when clicking those menu items are the locations still restricted?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108329 by carina
Replied by carina on topic Re:Menu access control not working
Hi,

Not really.

With previous CBSubs (101) I had exactly the same configuration and the menu was only available for the plan who shall have it and not for the others.

But after the upgrade the menu is visible and accessible to and for all with that very same setup.

I've tried to reestablish the configuration, but the result is the same.

I have also posted this issue:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,88/id,108271/#108271

Further to that, there is yet another one regarding tabs protection. I will enter that one tomorrow. Maybe they are connected in some way...

Piling up the issues... ;)

C

14 years 8 months ago #108407 by krileon
If you're testing the menu access control with an admin account then of course it won't work. Admins do not have to obey subscription limitations. Please attempt to see if issue is present with a standard registered user.

Was not able to duplicate your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #108498 by carina
Replied by carina on topic Re:Menu access control not working
Where did I say that all the subscribers were admin accounts?

The are all of course "registered" users - standard users.

14 years 7 months ago #108592 by krileon
carina wrote:

Where did I say that all the subscribers were admin accounts?

The are all of course "registered" users - standard users.

You protected a menu, and when you click the menu, it does not ask for a subscription nor does it restrict the user? It doesn't work AT ALL? What menu link are you trying to protect? What is the destination?

Menu protection works the exact same as modules works, it uses itemid. If an itemid can't be found it can't protect the menu. Have you considered using By URL Parts to protect your link?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn