[SOLVED] CB Subs Email Config

13 years 11 months ago #130750 by MarlonFungai
[SOLVED] CB Subs Email Config was created by MarlonFungai
Before I explain - I have gone through the help us help you section and I have disabled cbsubs and tested and the email confirmation and moderators approval works.

Here is my problem I have several membership plans but only 1 is free you cannot upgrade to any plans as they are for different user types. All membership plans are exclusive. I have set cb to require email confirmation and moderator approval but once cbsubs is activated it no longer sends the mail nor requires the approval the users of the free plan are auto-enabled.

I have tried setting the plan workflow variables to all 3 settings with no luck i have even tried setting the global settings in subs to Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): no and Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: no

I would expect the correct config to be Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): no and Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: yes and then in the lifetime free plan setting default cb settings in the workflow tab but this doesn't work.

My suspicion is that this is because in Free Plans there is no payment and so setting it to yes and no (overide cb) has no effect but I don't know

What config can I use to set this up?

I want a free plan as normal where user still have to confirm email and be approved as if there was no subs and then to be able to change the other paid plans as fit for each

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/23 21:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130766 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Subs Email Config
Do your users typically have to confirm and approve their registrations? If so then there's no need to override this setting. Simply set it to default to use CBs configuration (Joomla Backend > Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Registration).

Is your free plan a lifetime plan? If so you'll need to set Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: to Yes in order for it to record the subscription and for integrations to fire.

If all you're wanting is that single plan to require confirmation and approval please see Workflows tab of your plan and set the following parameters.

User Email Confirmation: Yes (Before or After payment is your choice)
User Approval by Moderator: Yes (Before or After payment is your choice)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/20 19:41

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130780 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Re:CB Subs Email Config
Yes my users do typically need to confirm and get approved before they can logg-in. I have tried all of the above and I am still getting no joy. Can I upload the site and give you access details so you can have a look for yourself maybe theres something else I have missed. It simply goes straight to the welcome mail every time as though the confirmation and approval has happened.

13 years 11 months ago #130786 by krileon
MarlonFungai wrote:

Yes my users do typically need to confirm and get approved before they can logg-in. I have tried all of the above and I am still getting no joy. Can I upload the site and give you access details so you can have a look for yourself maybe theres something else I have missed. It simply goes straight to the welcome mail every time as though the confirmation and approval has happened.

Check all of your plans and see if any are set to override CBs configuration. If possible please provide backend login credentials and will take a look. Please note the approval and confirmation will ONLY function for newly registered users. Please check that your plans have the following parameters set on the Workflows tab.

User Email Confirmation: Default (CB Setting)
User Approval by Moderator: Default (CB Setting)

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130813 by MarlonFungai
Replied by MarlonFungai on topic Re:CB Subs Email Config
Hi Kyle I have tried that setup here is the url for the front end www.travelcentrifuge.co.za/web/za/ and for the back end www.travelcentrifuge.co.za/web/za/administrator admin password is XXXXX please take a look thanks

[mod note: removed password]

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/04/21 08:48

13 years 11 months ago #130978 by krileon
Please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look when time permits. Not advise to post such credentials on forums as forums ARE public.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn